“Another incredible experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 467 Hotels in New York City
South Louisiana
“Another incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My family and I just returned from an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving vacation in New York City, staying once more at The Towers. The recent renovation results are remarkable and our room, and the view overlooking Rockefeller Center, was stunning. I can't imagine better service at any other hotel, with a staff that truly cares about you and your needs. The location is in what I consider the best in Manhattan; being in walking distance to world class shopping, Broadway and a vast array of restaurants. The pastries in Pomme were unbelievable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RaginCajun77
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear RaginCajun77,

Thank you very much for your great review, I am glad to know that both the accommodations and staff helped in making your Thanksgiving holiday a great one.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I loved my vacation at the Towers. We were four persons in the room but we didn't feel cramped Bc the room was spacious. The food was excellent but expensive. The view from the 53rd floor was fascinating . The location was excellent!! Perfect if u can afford it. The concierge team was really helpful. I would like to thank Kal for his recommendations and excellent service . Also the lady at reservations who knocked out 25%off the first night bc my room was not ready at arrival. Great place and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amal1371
Dear Amal1371,

Thank you very much for the kind review, we are so happy you and your party enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your feedback to Kal and our front desk as well. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Oceanport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at NYP for the past 7 years every December with our daughter and have always enjoyed the location and service. Prior to staying here, we enjoyed St. Regis and other similar properties.

We did not visit during construction and were anxious to see the results of the renovation. I must say it is beautiful. It's not as traditional as it was, and has a significantly more contemporary vibe, but stays true to much of its rich history.

They have added several lounge/dining options and retained their loyal staff. The rooms remain among the largest in NY and offer some of the best views the city has to offer. The location is ideal (especially this time of year) due to proximity to Fifth Avenue shopping, Rockefeller Center, Radio City, etc. A walk to Central Park is also manageable.

We were impressed with the room updates as well as the continued personal service to which we've grown accustomed. Ultimately, the personalized service is what differentiates the NYP from other top properties here.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Blakely69
Dear Blakely69,

I am so happy to have read your glowing review of the hotel and our completed renovations. I am glad you once again have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the next 7 years and beyond.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel has some lovely rooms and I always enjoy my visits here. I stay here when I'm in town on business but hope to return soon with my wife.
Staff are friendly and polite. Bitan on reception is especially great!
Go for a suite.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dave A,

We certainly appreciate the great feedback as well as your continued loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon as we will make sure you both have a memorable stay with us.

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was a bit torn on whether to award 3 or 4 stars for The Towers at NY Palace. My wife and I only stayed for one night and it was our first visit to NY, so it's difficult to make a fair comparison - so by all means take this review with a pinch of salt. The other reviwers with more experience of NY are probably better informed.

I suspect this is the 2nd most expensive hotel I've stayed in at my own expense (at nearly $600 a night incl tax without breakfast), behind only the Cipriani in Venice. Because of the significance of this fact, my rating is heavily influenced by value for money even though most other aspects were very good or better. The staff were generally helpful and the room was vast, modern, clean and very well appointed. But, unfortunately, even $600 for a 47th floor in NY does not guarantee expansive views which was the real driver for going a little upmarket We did get a view, but they were just slithers between other tall buildings.

To be fair to the hotel, it seems all NY hotels are outrageously expensive and this was certainly not the most expensive.

The hotel has a nicely appointed gym, but not a pool. The Towers has a separate reception to the main hotel with an express lift to the upper floors - and when we walked in, it offered the promise of something very special. However, when we arrived early in the morning we had held out hope of getting an early check-in given the size and guest turnover at the hotel, and of course the cost. We didn't, so we left our bags at the main concierge and the receptionist said she'd phone as soon as a room was ready. She phoned us at 14.53, 7 minutes before our contractual check in time! When we arrived later, we had to collect our bags from concierge - they hadn't even taken them to our room.

On the positive side, I think it was the largest hotel room I've ever had in a large city, massive walk in wardrobe and large bed dwarfed by the size of room. I'd say it was equivalent to at least 4 typical Parisian hotel rooms - but as this was a short leisure stay, this was probably an unnecessary extravagance. Next time, we'd look at hotels on periphery of central park, as this is the only way to guarantee a view I guess - which was more important to us.

They allowed us to use the hotel to freshen up in the evening after we had checked out and other than the mild annoyance of not getting an early check-in, the staff were very helpful, polite and professional.

This was not a bad hotel, in fact it was a very good one, it's just a question of value for money relative to my own (admittedly European) expectations. If we'd had a memorable room service breakfast, my whole perception about value for money may have been very different.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Conrad_J2
Dear Conrad_J2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your stay with us last month. I am sorry to hear the views were not up to your expectation, however I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope to welcome you both back to our hotel in the future.

LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The newly revamped towers rooms and suites are quite simply the best rooms in new york. I have stayed at many others for comparison. Tasteful and luxurious decor, crestron smart-room control, bigger than other hotels. Great position on Madison avenue, great views from City view rooms. As a family we used a more traditional 3 bedroom suite (of which there are view genuine ones in new york) which was quite simply enormous, and later after most of the family left I used one of the modernised one bedroom corner suites which was as cutting edge as any rival suite I have experiencd in manhattan. The Tower suites remain the premier rooms in Manhattan. My only suggestion for room for improvement might be a slightly more "modern"/international/varied and healthy cuisine room service menu, but this is a minor but if constructive criticism and is irrelevant in comparison to the obvious winnings of the rest if the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear MARKHLONDON,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback and I will pass this along to our culinary team. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in the Towers and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful visit to NYC and loved our stay at The Towers at The New York Palace. We travel to NYC regularly and in the past we liked to stay at different hotels. After the beautiful room and tremendous service and care of all of the staff, especially Bitan Haidar at reception and Ms Jakubik, we are already booking our next stay at Towers! It really is a perfect hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JLO20142013,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we will already see you back very soon. I will also make sure to pass along your kind comments to both Bitan and Ms. Jakubik.