“The Towers are simply the best!!!!”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #10 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed in the Towers during the Super Bowl weekend and we had a blast. From the welcoming reception which await you with Champagne and the fresh Oshibori Towelettes the staff is friendly, yet professional and very attentive. From the concierges to the desk , the housekeeping and the butler services we were very pleased. with all of them. We booked an Executive suite which overlooked the St. Patrick Cathedral and the renovation did not disappoint either.Every Time we passed by the Towers lobby we were greeted by the staff. We had a wonderful weekend and we will be back sooner. Kudos to the TOWERS....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Dany_BS90,

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience at the New York Palace. I could not be happier to hear that you had such a fabulous stay with us.

I will certanly pass your very nice comments on to the Towers staff and we look forward to welcoming you back.

David Chase

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well presented in a great city center location, we had a room on the 49th floor which was a bit larger than average, I guess we were on the less interesting view side as we could on just see the Chrysler building out of the corner of the window, nice touches included the window and light controls but the room was lacking tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was very limited complimentary American Breakfast, sausage or bacon eggs, fried potatoes, toast and juice. After 3 days I was craving fruit, cereals or yoghurt. The concierge was helpful but I did ask about theatre tickets and was a bit surprised at the cost, so I went to the theatre box office and saved over $250 per ticket.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carl_TL1000R

Dear Carl_TL100R,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay and we will certainly discuss your comments with the team as we are always working to improve our service and maintain the highest level of satisfaction to our beloved guests.

Should you decide to stay at the New York Palace on your next trip to NYC, please do let us know as we will be more than happy to send a coffee and tea maker to your room as we do provide them complimentary upon request. We as well offer a great variety of delectable options for breakfast through our In Room Dining and the Villard Restaurant, by the acclaimed Chef Michel Richard.

In regards to your comments about the service provided by our Concierge, I apologize for the miscommunication; by law we are required to use licensed ticket brokers, therefore the purchase price per ticket will be higher than the actual face value printed on the ticket. This service is provided for the convenience of our guests however we are always happy to wisely guide our guests towards alternative options.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed in the Towers, which feels like an exclusive hotel within an already exclusive hotel. We had a beautiful suite, just remodelled apparently - not cheap, but had a "wow" factor! Spacious & light with comfortable furniture & bed, well fitted bathroom and plenty of wardrobe space with dressing area.

The location was perfect for us, with most of the places we wanted to visit within easy reach. The bar & restaurant were good, somewhat pricey - but this is an upmarket NY hotel so to be expected.

Staff were excellent...until the last day when we were checking out. The man & woman on the desk were both chatting with another guest, not a problem for a short while but they continued way too long and pointedly ignored us waiting. After check out I asked where we could leave our cases, he told me to take them (all 5 of them - my wife never learned to travel light) through to the front lobby: not a big deal in itself but indicitative of his unhelpful attitude as he watched me struggle.

It's a shame that this was one of the last memories we took from this place. Overall we did have a fantastic stay here and will probably give it another try if/when we're back in NY - but if that guy is at the desk when I go to check in I will probably turn around and go somewhere else!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsw_no1
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear dsw_no1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and for your sincere feedback.
I am glad that you had a fantastic stay and is so appreciative of our spacious rooms and location.

Please be assured that your comments have been appropriately addressed as it certainly does not reflect the high standards we so proudly strive to maintain.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel next time you visit NYC.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

After an extensive renovation the Palace is back as one of the best hotels in NYC: location can't be beat across from St Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center and 5th Ave. Rooms are large by NYC standards and I would definitely recommend the Tower rooms: they are more contemporary, offer better views, and provide access to the Towers Lounge for breakfast, complimentary hors d'oeuvre with spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline.

My room was located on the 47th floor and I had great views of the Rockefeller skating rink which was a nice touch as I stayed during Xmas holidays.

Concierge staff is very helpful and a big thank you to Gunter for his professionalism and friendly assistance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SPimentel
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear SPimentel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I am glad that you approve of our renovation and we look forward to welcome you back for many other great stays.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I chose to stay at The Palace to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. First, the good news: the location can't be beat, and the renovations are very nice. We stayed in a Towers Room; a beautifully appointed, large comfortable room that we were happy to return to at the end of a busy day. We enjoyed the delightful Pomme Palais and the exquisite Michel Richard restaurant. A couple of late nights at the intimate Trouble's Trust were just what we were looking for.

I have to say, unfortunately, that the beauty of the hotel was not matched by some of the service we received. Small things were missed; for example we were not offered a refreshing towel when we checked in. No big deal, except that we noticed that everyone else checking in was offered this courtesy. The lady who assisted us with check in did not seem particularly interested, and my inquiry about an upgrade was met with a scoff. I had requested a room with a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral (when I made the reservation six months ago) but, sadly, this request was not honoured. When we were checking out, our bill was incorrect and it took some time to sort it out. We were also quite disappointed that, even though the hotel was aware of our anniversary (mentioned when I made the reservation and then confirmed by email shortly before we arrived), it was ignored - it would have been a classy and much appreciated touch if this very special occasion would have been acknowledged. I would be remiss if I didn't mention a particular staff member, Jorge, who upon learning of our disappointment with the service tried to help and did provide a credit to the bars / restaurant - thank you Jorge!

Overall a very nice hotel which, with a bit of attention to service, would be really wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave T

Dear Dave T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us some feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a great overall stay and I will most certainly address your comments in regards to your check in process as this is definitely do not reflect the high standards we strive to maintain.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Wonderful, airy and expansive room with beautiful views of the City skyline. Accommodating and informative staff, perfect midtown location and felt welcome from the moment we stepped through the door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear LynneLazz,

Thank you for staying at The Towers at the New York Palace. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms and service to be exceptional.

I truly hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Gunna keep this short and sweet if you are having any hesitation about booking this hotel then don't! It's perfect and the staff can't do enough for you! Yes it's pricey but trust me it's worth it am heading back to new york later this year but will only need to search for flights as this hotel I will definatly be returning to!

Thank you so much for an enjoyable, relaxing, luxe riots stay! Worth every penny :) cannot wait to return!

Stayed: January 2014
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear sammybabies1,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful and relaxing stay.

I look very much forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic and luxurious experience.