“The New York Palace and The Towers”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #6 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
“The New York Palace and The Towers”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I wanted to take a moment and share my experiences at this hotel. My family and I have been coming to visit New York for many years, and over the most recent years we have made The New York Palace our home away from home. A few years ago, I was introduced to The Palace and had an incredible experience immediately. Since then, The Palace is the only place I stay, when I am in town.

Your most recent transformation of the hotel is phenomenal. I have to say that at first when I noticed the more modern changes I was skeptical and was not sure if the elegance of The Palace was going to continue. Well, after staying with you this week, I can certainly state that what you have accomplished is incredible!! The lobby, the restaurants etc..

But like the business that I am in, the “product”, in your case the Hotel itself, is a commodity. There are obviously many choices for travelers in NYC. What is NOT a commodity these days is “SERVICE”. The New York Palace delivers first class service and has the friendliest staff all around, from doorman, to desk to housekeeping. It seems as though everyone is an absolute all-stars in accommodation!! They make you feel so warm and good about staying with you. To have them on the front line of service, would be any business owners dream for their company.

Oh, and the beds are simply the best anywhere!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RL4444
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear RL4444,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this amazingly detailed review. I am thrilled to see that you always have a great experience while staying with us and honored that you have chosen The New York Palace to be your home away from home.

Thank you also for being so appreciative of the service we provide you with. We will always do everything possible to make your stays wonderful and look forward to welcome you and your family for many future stays.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We flew in on Valentines day for the weekend. The Towers at the Palace is amazing and the view from the 44th floor were spectacular. This was our first time to visit NYC and the Palace was amazing. We will be back and will stay in the Towers again. We did visit a room at the Waldorf (friend stayed there) and were not impressed. The Towers has them beat hands down. Location is key and they are a 10-15 min walk from time square, right by Rockefeller. Wonderful place.

Room Tip: Stay in the Towers so you have a good view. 41st floor and up.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BThomasfw
Dear BThomasfw,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience at The Towers at The New York Palace.
I am happy that you have chosen us for your Valentine's day weekend and hope to welcome you back in the future for another great stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Towers at the NY Palace is like home for me and my wife. The management and employers are excellent, always ready to satisfy your needs. The service is impeccable. Whatever room you book is incredible spacious, totally new (the hotel has been recently gone through a massive renovation). the beds are the best I've ever found. In sum, the rooms are so comfortably that you tend to stay there instead of going out - particularly if you book a room with the St. Patrick Cathedral view. My wife and me have stayed in all best hotels of Manhattan, and for us there's no doubt that the Towers is the best one. Leonardo Maugeri

Room Tip: Take a room with a view on St. Patrick Cathedral
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear 104Leonardo,

We are indeed honored to have you as our very loyal Towers guest for many years. I am happy to see that we continuously provide you with a great experience and look very much forward to welcome you many times in the future.

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are ho hum for the price. Room service is the worst I've ever had. Even the kids meals were not edible. Mac and cheese - how hard is it? Awful. They had us booked in the wrong year and wouldn't even find a room for us. It was NEw years eve! We finally found a manager who have us a room. Funny since the guy at the check in said there was o room available. Luckily I had the reservation printed out. The bar is out of this world expensive for weak drinks. Try The London for a great hotel with large rooms and better prices.

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Travelette4666
Dear Travelette4666,

I am very concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and that you are dissapointed with your recent stay. I can assure you that the issues you have encountered are definitely not reflective of the standards we strive to maintain.

I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly contact me at executive@nypalace.com and I will be more than happy to speak with you.

I look very much forward to hearing from you.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Spent a weekend at the Towers and had the most fabulous time. The rooms were spacious, the beds were so comfortable and the bubbly in the evening was a a nice touch. Staff was friendly and really accommodating. I'm not sure how I can ever go back to NYC and not stay at the Towers!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear JOV2,

Thank you for your great review. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic weekend at The Towers and look forward to welcome you back for another great stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2014

WE recently stayed at the New York Palace and had a great experience. Our room was amazing with a large walk in closet and even a second closet. Also, the huge panoramic window gave us a great view of the city and from the 49th floor, we felt like we were on top of the world.
The size of the guestroom was impressive considering we were in the heart of the city.
The staff was very friendly and efficient. Loved the cozy , yet upscale bar at the Villiard restaurant. Highly, recommend and will go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the towers.......loved the separate entrance.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear charlene_tierney,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am happy to hear that your experience at The Towers was wonderful and that you enjoyed the exclusive lobby and the stunning city view.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed in Manhattan several times, as I love visiting NYC. This visit was for a special occasion and we we decided to stay at the Palace, the Towers section, as we had heard so much about it. We had the most amazing room there, actually a suite. It was the largest room I have ever had in New York and it was absolutely beautiful, totally renovated, overllooking the east river. The location of the hotel can't be beat as it's just a couple of blocks to Rockafeller center and across from St Patricks Cathedral. The service and the experience were top notch. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower section are highly exclusive, and worth the extra money if possible. The hot...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear mirale27,

Thank you for taking the time to share the amazing experience you had with us. I am incredibly happy to hear that your stay great.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.