“Quiet, Spacious, Great Location”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #7 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Syracuse, New York
“Quiet, Spacious, Great Location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently brought my 82-year-old mother to NYC and needed a room I could stay in comfortably with her, as well as a location convenient to Broadway, but not crowded with tourists. The Towers at the NY Palace was perfect. Our room held two queen-size best, a lovely view of St. Pat's, Roc Center, the River. There were two closets and plenty of dresser drawers so there was ample storage for our clothing. The beds were exremely comfortable and the hotel staff was very accommodating. There is a French restaurant right at the hotel where we had a late light lunch while waiting to check in, and the concierge took care of our bags at no fee. I much prefer to offer a tip for such service than to pay a "bill". We were checked in early and our bags promptly delivered, even on a busy Friday. Another plus--the hallways were well lit, something that I don't often find to be the case in NY, but is important to me when traveling with my mother. I wouldn't hesistate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the west facing rooms so I don't get the morning sun. I imagine all the rooms are quie...
2 Thank Sari S
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Sari S,

Thank you for this great review. I am happy that you and your mother had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcome you back.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Austria
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our family of five stayed for a week in April. We arrived not knowing quite what to expect. The welcome was terrific, the staff friendly and helpful, and the suite/rooms spacious, spotless and nicely decorated. Of course the view over St Patrick's was a bonus. A perfect location convenient for everywhere. However the star of the show was the concierge, Gunter Kleemann. We particularly wanted to go and see Cabaret which had only just opened at Studio 54. Any tickets were impossible to get as it was the hottest show in town. Getting five was just unimaginable. But Gunter succeeded. You often find that a good concierge really is the thing that differentiates a great hotel and in this case that was certainly so. We will return on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KillyQwertyuiop
Dear KillyQwertyuiop,

Thank you for this amazing review. We are proud to have Gunter as part of our team. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful week at the Towers with your family and look forward to welcome you all back.

greenwich, ct
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We only stayed for one night, but everything from a glass of champagne at check-in, private lobby and elevators, our view, our gorgeous BIG room, the SERVICE, friendly and helpful staff....it was the perfect birthday night for the two of us sans baby. Next time we both agreed that we will be staying at the Towers for at least two nights. Maybe three. ;)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kathryn a
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kathryn a,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided your with a wonderful experience at The Towers.

I look forward to welcome you back for another fantastic (and longer!) stay.

Westchester NY
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the moment you enter the hotel you know you are somewhere special. My Wife and I booked a suite in the Towers for Mothers day weekend and were greeted by an incredibly friendly staff, and gorgeous views of Manhattan!. The Suite had every amenity you could ask for.. especially the Molton Brown lotions in the spacious, well appointed bathroom.
This is true Luxury, worth every dollar.

Room Tip: Ask for the St Pats view.. Amazing
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Dewayne T,

Thank you for this great review. I hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my second time at the NY Palace, and I opted for The Towers this time. The room was beautiful and spacious, with a great skyline view! The staff were all very gracious, and quick to answer our questions or take care of any needs. I love the location of this hotel, and plan to stay there again in a few months!

1 Thank Sharm W
Dear Sharm W,

Thank you for this great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant experience at the Towers.

I look forward to your next visit in a few months.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Another excellent 4 night stay at the New York palace Towers. The room was first rate, everything worked perfectly, it was spotless and the new amenities are a nice touch. Best of all is the Towers Reception where Ms. Anna-Marie Rieber is always (or so it seems) on station. She listens (really important), if she doesn't know she checks and she follows up. Her attention to detail is amazing given the number of guests flowing through her area. Best of all she never forgets a face or a name. The rst of the Palace team from the Bell Captains, Mike and John, to the door men are without compare. It is by far the best property in NYC and for that matter in almost anywhere I stay. I will be back again next week.

Room Tip: Almost every room is good. Sound proofing is very good. Views of the Church and Radio City are the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Dear Ron R,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Towers and for being a wonderful and loyal guest for many years.

I am incredibly happy that we continue to exceed your expectations for each and every stay and look very much forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this fabulous hotel over the weekend. This trip was a gift to my parents for their 49th anniversary. Both are in their 70's and my dad is handicapped. EVERYONE looked out for my parents and provided exceptional service. My parents told me serveral times they felt they were treated like royalty. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is well worth the expense. Exceptional service, nice location, and very luxurious room. Every comfort you can imagine.

You will enjoy your trip even more, when you stay at the New York Palace.

2 Thank hvnsnt9
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear hvnsnt9,

Thank you for this great review. I am thrilled that your parents had a fantastic stay at the Towers and we hope to welcome them back for them 50th anniversary!