“Short Stay In NYC - Exceeded Expectations”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #11 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed at the New York Palace last July for a 4 day stay. I had a previous reservation at a hotel in downtown times square. I was glad I made the decision to stay at the palace. Although the hotel was undergoing renovations, the Towers were quiet and absolutely beautiful. Madison & 5th Avenue - close to everything within walking, subway, or bike (which we did all). Our room faced the Cathedral and had sights of Radio City and the Plaza.

When we arrived the hotel had a welcome cake for my son's 27th birthday. Yummy!

If I can splurge during my next trip to NYC, I want to stay at the palace again.

Special shout out to "Zahava A" for getting me and my brother a great deal!

Room Tip: Book your reservation for the towers. More money but well worth it - great views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luv2travelforlife
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Luvtotravelforlife,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am happy that we were able to make your brother's birthday even more special and your stay a memorable one.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a highly disappointing hotel in most respects. It wasn't all bad - the views were wonderful (I had a high-floor view directly overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral) and the windows let in plenty of light. From there, I don't have much good to say. I can’t say what the other rooms look like, and some rooms are apparently newly-renovated, but the room I was in seemed like it was designed at random, with all sorts of colors and fabrics/textures in the room. The room was very large, with two closets, but most of the space was empty or underutilized. The bathroom was most disappointing, with an ugly older shower/tub combo with a slow drain to boot. Besides the unimpressive bathrooms, the real drawback was the service. When I arrived, around 12:30, I was told I would have to wait until 3 to get a room by a very rude receptionist. The next person who checked in got their room right away. I then asked again and was told that I could have a room with two queen beds instead of one king right away; why I wasn’t offered this solution the first time I can only imagine. The same receptionist was equally rude when I checked out, without asking how my stay was or even saying “goodbye” or “thank you” when I departed. The concierge was much nicer but overwhelmed (there was only one working at a time) but she ultimately got me a good lunch reservation, if it did take a while. Housekeeping came to clean the room at 7:30 am, and, though I told them to wait until I had checked out to return, they still came back again twice before check-out. I booked this hotel through a discount website, paying less than half of the listed room rate, and I STILL felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone - there are much better hotels for that kind of money, and hotels that are just as nice for far less money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Charles S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed at the newly renovated Towers at the Palace numerous times. There is never a problem at this hotel. All of the Towers rooms are wonderful, comfortable, and elegant. The hotel is centrally located for restaurants, shopping and the theater. The staff is very polite, gracious, and helpful. They actually remember your name and greet you throughout your stay. The new pastry shop in the hotel has more than pastry and is a nice option for times when you don't want to go out or order room service. The food served in it is excellent. The rooms have all of the amenities you would expect including bathroom scales and toothbrush kits. The only minor fault I can find with the hotel is that the robes could be a bit more upscale, but I am being very picky. This hotel is never a disappointment and actually feels like a residence rather than a hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the Towers are on high floors. You can request the view you prefer. The rooms wi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vldavis

Dear vldavis,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Towers at The New York Palace. I am happy to hear that you had an amazing stay. Thank you also for your sincere feedback. I look forward welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment you walk through the doors to the separate check-in lobby for The Towers, you know you are in for a treat. The doors close, you are warmly greeted by the person behind the check-in desk and handed a cold drink. In our case we selected a glass of champagne. My husband and I visited the hotel for the first time Memorial Day weekend to celebrate our anniversary and are so happy we did. Once checked in we were escorted to the elevators and whisked up to our 46 floor room. The hotel is very elegantly decorated in soothing color palette found in the hallways, transitioning into the rooms. We were lucky enough to be given a room facing Madison Avenue (request if you can) so our view overlooked St. Patrick's Cathedral. The hotel is also in close proximity to Radio City, and Rockefeller Center, very centrally located. A lovely sitting area, leading to the bedroom and then a huge bathroom with a variety of Molton Brown bath products. The room is also equipped with consoles to operate the window shades, lights, television, and audio system, my husband liked this a great deal. The staff from the moment we checked in, to room service, to the bellmen were just fantastic. Very friendly and accommodating. We cannot wait to spend a few more nights at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Madison Avenue have a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTW428

Dear MTW428,

Thank you for this wonderful and detailed review. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently brought my 82-year-old mother to NYC and needed a room I could stay in comfortably with her, as well as a location convenient to Broadway, but not crowded with tourists. The Towers at the NY Palace was perfect. Our room held two queen-size best, a lovely view of St. Pat's, Roc Center, the River. There were two closets and plenty of dresser drawers so there was ample storage for our clothing. The beds were exremely comfortable and the hotel staff was very accommodating. There is a French restaurant right at the hotel where we had a late light lunch while waiting to check in, and the concierge took care of our bags at no fee. I much prefer to offer a tip for such service than to pay a "bill". We were checked in early and our bags promptly delivered, even on a busy Friday. Another plus--the hallways were well lit, something that I don't often find to be the case in NY, but is important to me when traveling with my mother. I wouldn't hesistate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the west facing rooms so I don't get the morning sun. I imagine all the rooms are quie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sari S

Dear Sari S,

Thank you for this great review. I am happy that you and your mother had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our family of five stayed for a week in April. We arrived not knowing quite what to expect. The welcome was terrific, the staff friendly and helpful, and the suite/rooms spacious, spotless and nicely decorated. Of course the view over St Patrick's was a bonus. A perfect location convenient for everywhere. However the star of the show was the concierge, Gunter Kleemann. We particularly wanted to go and see Cabaret which had only just opened at Studio 54. Any tickets were impossible to get as it was the hottest show in town. Getting five was just unimaginable. But Gunter succeeded. You often find that a good concierge really is the thing that differentiates a great hotel and in this case that was certainly so. We will return on our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KillyQwertyuiop

Dear KillyQwertyuiop,

Thank you for this amazing review. We are proud to have Gunter as part of our team. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful week at the Towers with your family and look forward to welcome you all back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We only stayed for one night, but everything from a glass of champagne at check-in, private lobby and elevators, our view, our gorgeous BIG room, the SERVICE, friendly and helpful staff....it was the perfect birthday night for the two of us sans baby. Next time we both agreed that we will be staying at the Towers for at least two nights. Maybe three. ;)

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kathryn a
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Kathryn a,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided your with a wonderful experience at The Towers.

I look forward to welcome you back for another fantastic (and longer!) stay.