“Gorgeous views, comfortable rooms”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #6 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Altos Hills, California
“Gorgeous views, comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our family of four spent a week in one of the Tower Rooms, and were very pleased with the comfort, quality, views and location. We would certainly stay there again. When we checked in, there was a little confusion because we stood in line to check in at the wrong check-in desk, The Towers is a luxury hotel within the The New York Palace and has its own check-in desk...with no line. A little signage would have been helpful. Also, the entrance the driver dropped us at was around the corner and they had no staff to greet us there, take our bags, guide us to the desk, and there were no signs guiding us at all, although the sign outside very clearly identified the hotel. Aside from that minor annoyance, everything else about the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Grant A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Towers in April to celebrate my birthday. My husband booked this hotel as a surprise and I must say, it was fabulous!

First and foremost, my husband told me that he chose The Towers because he was looking for a hotel that combined luxury, quality and quiet. The Towers certainly delivered on all 3. Upon our arrival, we had an easy painless check in process as The Towers had a separate reception area with nearly no line (as the vast majority of the rooms are part of the New York Palace and not The Towers). At reception, we were greeted with both a champagne cocktail and our choice of scented hand towels. We then went up to our room which was a 1 bedroom suite on the 51st floor. The suite itself was enormous, featuring a modest sized bedroom, large living and dining area and an absolutely monstrous walk-in closet and bathroom. I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying that the closet was bigger than an average NYC studio apartment. The suite was well-appointed and the decor was in line with a hotel whose name is The Palace --luxury with a hint of opulence (and I don't mean that in a negative way). As to my husband's goal of finding a quiet room in NYC, The Towers are a slam dunk. The "worst" room you can get is on the lowest floor - the 41st floor which is still plenty high enough not to hear any of what's going on at street level. The concierge service was also extremely helpful as my husband ordered flowers to the room which were absolutely beautiful.

We visited the Pomme Palais in the hotel lobby (cafe) which offered plenty of variety in both traditional and French pastries. Everything we had ranged from very good to great...just be warned that it is not cheap...but worth every penny.

One final note, for those who are not familiar with NYC, the hotel is located in midtown on the East Side which is pretty convenient for getting to good restaurants, Central Park, the theater district, etc.

If we have occasion to spend another weekend in the city, we would gladly stay at The Towers again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ALG5
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Towers at the New York Palace sits in a perfect location not far from Fifth Avenue. The rooms are spacious with magnificent views, large closets, and well-appointed amenities. Upon check-in the managers addressed us by name and continued to do so throughout our stay. They readily offered to assist us with anything we needed and offered to help secure dinner reservations, spa appointments, etc. without being pushy.

The wine bar, located on the first floor, was a nice stop on the way back to the room from the day in the city. We would relax with a glass of wine and a few munchies that were served.

Mailing packages and securing jewelry in the hotel's safe was accomplished quickly and courteously. There are many choices of hotels in New York, and I continue to choose the Palace.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

After staying at The Helmsley as a child, this hotel holds a very special place for me. I returned with my teenaged daughter for 3 nights and we had an amazing time. This is a hotel that has ingrained top-notch service through and through and it is evident in all of the hotel's departments. The doorman Frank has been there since the late 80's and still has the same sense of service. Susan at Towers reception also stood out. Beatriz in guest relations arranged for shampoo that the hotel previously had used as amenities since I have not been able to find it anywhere. Incredible service! A lot of hotels have upped their luxury levels but few can deliver this type of guest services. This last stay sealed it for me, I will not consider another hotel in NYC and have already booked my stay in September. I am a New York Palace lifer:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank tsfoxen
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Traveler 73,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The Towers. I am so happy to see that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with excellent service.

I look forward to your next visit in September for another fantastic stay.

Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

New York City has many hotels to choose from, but the New York Palace Hotel is a true gem in the city. Its location is perfectly central to the Theatre District, Times Square, Fifth Avenue, and Central Park. This made picking the New York Palace for a return visit a must.

However, what many do not know is that this hotel has the most gorgeous rooms in the city. The Tower floors offer views of the city that are spectacular! This hotel is located just across from St. Patrick's Cathedral and it holds better views (in my opinion) than the Top of the Rock. Imagine waking up to all that the city has to offer right outside your window!

If you want a suite that out-does the others, choose the Corner Suite on the 53rd floor. You won't be disappointed by the 3 stories of multiple living areas, a dining room, bar, kitchen, separate king room, double queen room, and a sun area on the roof top. Wow is all that I can say!

Finally, the New York Palace takes service to a different caliber. The ladies and gentlemen are under the guidance of the general manager, David Chase who knows how to run a hotel. Our concierge, Ani was quite knowledgable about the city and where to visit. She guided us every step of the way with maps, numbers, and directions (all with a smile on her face). Samir and Charles, our bellman, also greeted us with much information about New York and the property that we were visiting. Finally, Victor managed to accommodate our oversized vehicle in the adjacent parking garage which was quite a task in itself given the limitations on space in New York.

I promise that this hotel will not disappoint. Give it a try, have a sip at the terrace bar, and enjoy a little bit of royalty at the New York Palace!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a fabulous view. Pick the Tower floors if able.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kathrine j
Dear kathrine j,

Thank you for your very kind words. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations and that you and your family had a wonderful experience at The Towers.

We all look forward to your next visit.

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a wonderful 3-night stay at The Towers. Our room on the 44th floor was spacious and well appointed. We had a fantastic view overlooking 5th avenue and the cathedral. The service was outstanding -- the front desk and concierge were professional, friendly and very helpful. Housekeeping and room service were excellent. The hotel is perfectly located, within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. It was an easy walk to Times Square and the Theater District, but we took the subway to get to the Met and lower Manhattan. We visited Pomme Palais for coffee every morning -- such a treat to have it within the hotel. We hope to stay here again on future visits to NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_blurbs
Dear travel_blurbs,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Towers. I am glad that you had a great stay and had a chance to enjoy our new French Patisserie Pomme Palais by the acclaimed Chef Michel Richard.

I look forward to welcome you back for another luxurious stay.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wonderful experience...superb facilities and staff....very welcoming
restaurant and bars are first tier......can't beat the location....I'll be back soon
the hotel was almost full, but you never felt rushed or pressured.....extraordinary stay in a grand hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear restoman2020,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so happy we exceeded your expectations and provided you with an amazing experience.

I look forward to welcome you back.