“A Grown Up Place to Dine”
Review of Corvo Bianco - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: W 81st St.
Transit: MTA SUbway Lines B, C - 81st Street MTA Subway Line 1 - 79th Street
New York City, New York
“A Grown Up Place to Dine”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a lovely, early New Year's dinner here. The space is absolutely beautiful, noise level comfortable, tables nicely separated. The menu was spare( this was a special New Year's Eve menu), but everything we ate was delicious, particularly the salad and beef. Service was attentive and flawless. Only complaint? Slightly larger portions would not have gone amiss, nor would a selection of somewhat less expensive wines ( wine list was excellent though.)

We will happily return for special occasion nights out.

• Visited December 2013
AshelynVazquez, Guest Relations Manager at Corvo Bianco, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hi Madelynn,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are pleased that you chose to ring in the New Year with us. We would love for you to join us again- we even have an entire wine list of $33 bottles you can try on your next visit.

To next time!
Corvo Bianco Management

“Solid and good place to eat in the UWS”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me over the phone by some unknown lady at Prune when I asked for a rec. on the UWS. Perhaps its main attraction to us was its location, just a few blocks from our hotel (NYLO). We were immediately impressed by the interior and the architectural components. Spacious but yet maintaining an atmosphere of intimacy. Serviced was excellent, provided by an attractive young lady from Venice who had a rather thick but fascinating Italian accent. It lended some authenticity to the place. I was happy with the menu as well in that it provided options and variety of choices. They have an interesting thing: a 33 dollar per bottle wine list. Since my wife doesn't drink I had a very good glass of sangiovese (Montecucco?) at a decent price for NYC.

My only issue with the place is that for our taste the food needed to be tweaked a bit in its seasoning. Could be that just a pinch more salt may have made the difference. (I had the sausage and pork belly with lentils, wife had the lamb shank).

I can easily recommend this place for a good, solid dinner.

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your review. We are glad you took the recommendation and joined us! We will definitely take your thoughts into consideration and hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
“A major disappointment”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been to Corvo Bianco several times for dinner (and actually provided a nice review on Tripadvisor), with my wife alone and then with some friends. Each time we have been impressed with the food, service, decor and ambiance. So when I was deciding on a venue for my annual office Christmas dinner party, I thought of CB. I contacted the manager several months prior and arranged for a table in a small dining room adjacent to the main dining room. I double checked on this arrangement a month prior to the date. And then when I triple checked on it two days prior to the date, I was told that a party of 50 had been "inadvertently" scheduled for that small room at the same time. My group was therefore "bumped" into the main dining room. What could I do at the last minute?? Strike 1.

My group then sat for dinner and after ordering appetizers, we waited over 45 minutes for it to be served -- and that was after I complained to the maitre d'. Bear in mind, the main dining room remained 1/2 empty for the entire evening -- so the kitchen was not "overwhelmed." Strike 2.

Finally, our main dinner courses were served -- also 45 minutes after our appetizers. In general, the food was not up to the same level that I had experienced on prior occasions. The maitre d' offered free desserts -- which we ordered -- and which also took 1/2 hour to be served. He offered a mumbled explanation to us at the table and again offered different excuses to me when I met with him privately to pay the bill. They should have gotten their act together when the appetizers were so belatedly served. Instead, the poor service extended for the entire evening.Therefore the excuses and explanations were too little and too late. Strike 3

We will absolutely never return to this place. It has gone downhill since my initial experience dining there.

1 Thank Elliot J
AshelynVazquez, Guest Relations Manager at Corvo Bianco, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thanks for your feedback Elliot.

We apologize for your experience and would love for you to give us another try. Please send your contact information to luis@corvobianco.com so we can discuss further.

Warmly,
Rumson, New Jersey
“Another UWS gem”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A delightful experience. Set in what was, once upon a time, the lobby of a hotel, the environment is charming and warm, tables comfortably spaced. Service was relaxed but efficient. Menu is creative with something for just about everyone. Five of us dined there, and all of us were pleased with the experience.

• Visited December 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to serve you again soon.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Really really great food & fresh pasta”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Chef Falkner doesn't disappoint. Very attentive and friendly staff - great service. The food is amazing, from their apps to dinner salads to main courses - everything was fabulous. We had their featured appetizer of raw salmon w/ an amazing sauce and jacima. I had an arugula salad w/ a lemon vinaigrette and shaved parmesan - might sound boring but it was exceptionally good. I had the cioppino as my main course - it has mussels, clams, and scallops - the flavor was amazing. Our server did a great job of pairing a white burgandy wine w/ our meal that was perfect. I will absolutely go back. Beautiful location. Great service. Exceptional food!

• Visited November 2013
AshelynVazquez, Guest Relations Manager at Corvo Bianco, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us! We are pleased you had a wonderful experience with us and hope to see you again soon!