“Total ripoff, steak burned on outside raw on inside”
Review of The Prime Grill

The Prime Grill
Ranked #7,277 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This place is made for those who do not care about quality, and just want a shabby place to go on a date.

I really do not mind spending $100 on a steak, but it has to be good.

I got the Fifth ave steak, I asked that it be slightly pink on the inside, just cause every cut of steak has a different thickness.

Instead I got a steak that was black completely burnt on outside, and completely raw uncooked on the inside. Which tell me they three a forzen piece of steak on the grill.

I am done with this restaurant, I will only order steaks from my other favorites, Le marias and Wolf & lamb

1  Thank edwardleee
There are newer reviews for The Prime Grill

Reviewed 24 December 2013

we were a big table and had great service and everyone had delicious steaks! The servers were fast and efficient and everything was delicious!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

After checking into our hotel in NYC we decided to take a quick walk to get a bite to eat so we walked to 56th St. between 5th and 6th near our hotel since we knew there are a bunch of restaurants there that we might find a place not booked up. We walked by the Prime Grill and it looked crisp, clean and fairly new. We walked in not knowing about the food they serve and we were seated right away, the table had crisp white tablecloths very starched. One thing we noticed is that many of the men guests were wearing yamakas, then we got the menu and it said that it was kosher. Well reading at the menu one forgets that is kosher or not since one item sounded better than the next. We ordered a couple of drinks and one of them was Compari and soda and they told us they did not carry it, which was odd since their bar looked fully stocked. We found out later that one of the ingredients in Comapri is not Kosher. Once the drinks arrived we got the best hot pita-type bread served with rosemary-infused olive oil, yummy. We ordered the lamb burger with French fries and the special pasta of the day, both terrific, for dessert we shared the Babka Pudding with Jack Daniels ice cream and WOW was it good and rich, it was like a bread pudding not too sweet with a little chocolate dripping over it. A wonderful experience and a place that I would go back to again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was taken to this upscale kosher meat restaurant in the heart of New York City. The multi leveled lay out (there are three floors of dining areas) and the decor makes in look like a cruise ship. The service was attentive but the prices were out of line. Appetizers ranged from $15-25 dollars. The portions were plentiful but not worth the price. I had soup that came warm not hot.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I was there with my friends a few weeks ago and ordered a medium rare steak, it was perfect. The only drawback was the price, the bill was not cheap at the end of the day.

1  Thank Rea3366