“romantic trattoria near NYU, delicious!”

Porto-bello Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: A, C, D, E, F, & V trains to West 4th Street.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“romantic trattoria near NYU, delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Mmmmm, we had the mussels and the lasagna Bolognese, both wonderful. Enjoyed a late alfresco lunch on a gorgeous summer day. Several clocks on the walls, but not hurried.

-Delicious desserts from a tray & worth the calories.
-near NYU
-reasonably priced
-open air
-good service

[note: at time of writing the website above is for a pizza restaurant with the same name]

Visited August 2013

Central NJ
“Atmosphere + Good Food + Location = Winner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Amazing atmosphere and location, relatively inexpensive with well stocked bar with all the Italian goodies. I'm an Italian foodie, so I'm kind of hard to impress. I'd say the food here is solidly good, not ethereal, but quite good. What's magical here are the Italian guys tending to you with love, like you've stepped off the ferry in Napoli and your uncles take you home for family dinner. They're awesome. Perfect place for dinner and walking around the village afterwards, this native NY'er highly recommends Porto Bello!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JenniferAer
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

July, I get back to New York and I got nice food at Porto bello restaurant in Thompson street. Excellent! It's not expensive place, at all!

• Visited July 2013
Sardina del Norte, Gran Canaria
“Fabulous everything in Porto Bello restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The atmosphere is very cozy and italian, this is not an italian "wanna be" restaurant, this is the real thing. My husband wasn't feeling well the first time we went and when I told the waiter, he had the kitchen make a delicious broth that settled my husbands stomach and allowed him to enjoy a second course, I had the capellini with pommodoro, the next visit was all out adventure with black pasta and seafood and calamari and some of the appetizers and the pistachio ice cream with chocolate coating for dessert, their house wine is chianti, which really impressed me. When we first went in the door the diners themselves told us the food was delicious and they had been going there for 20 years. I believe it.

Try it, the price is moderate, the food sublime and the atmosphere upbeat and romantic with tables spilling onto a quiet little street or cozy and private in the back of the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
belmont, ma
“Comfortable, Friendly Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My son and I stumbled upon this place after visiting NYU. The people were friendly, service was excellent, and the food was typical Italian, bur very nicely prepared. Price was reasonable (cheap for New York). I'd recommend it.

• Visited April 2013