“Small portions, high prices”

Porto-bello Restaurant
Ranked #3,020 of 14,286 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: A, C, D, E, F, & V trains to West 4th Street.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location was fun - we sat on the street and enjoyed the Saturday evening passerby's. However, I don't think I have ever been given so little food in an Italian restaurant. I ordered Linguini with Clams and Shrimp at $16.95. It was tasty, but there was much less than a single of serving of pasta in it, very few small shrimp, and it was hard to find the clams. Beyond that, we were given a portion of Italian bread that was so hard, it tore up my mouth. I was very disappointed with the decision to dine here and I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Open to the Greenwich Village street scene with average food and good service. Can get a bit crowded and noisy with a hectic crowds passing by the open restaurant.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I loved this restaurant. I had a delicious Penne alla Vodka and I was surprised to find them exquisite as if I was in a good restaurant in Italy. Good wine selection, perfect service. I highly reccomend it!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Lovely place, friendly and efficient service. Non-descript food. Pretty much what you'd expect at a sports bar.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Walking the neighborhood to find a lunch place, we two ladies happened on Porto Bello. Small cozy place. We ate outside. I had the most wonderful clams and shrimp in red sauce. The sauce was light! Not heavy tomato like most. Wonder, light and flavorful. My friends had chicken in mushroom sauce. Also, wonderful. Also, enjoyed talking to the proprietor.