“Absolutely superb service!”

Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband picked Patsy's since we were in the neighborhood, and his phone told him it was a favorite of Frank Sinatra. We were a bit underdressed in sweaters and jeans, but we were treated fabulously and seated at the upper level (it seemed the elegant-dressed were downstairs and the more casual-dressed were upstairs, or maybe that's just the way customers came in). Both levels were very tasteful and the service was absolutely outstanding. Food was delicious. I initially ordered a fish option, and the waiter questioned whether I wanted pasta, which I really, really did. So he offered me a dish not on the menu. It was expensive, but exactly what I wanted, and I was very appreciative. We had strawberries and cream for dessert - I think I gained about 10 lbs just eating that - but it was wonderful, and the whole experience was probably the best we had in New York. Dollar-wise it was a bit spendy, but for the experience, it was very much in line and well worth it - probably even a great deal. This is a place you could/should trust to a special occasion or rare date night. Kudos to the fabulous staff!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,786)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Our family ate at Patsy's on 11/30/13 for lunch. We were treated so warmly by Sal and his parents as well as the entire staff. The food is amazing and Sal will make sure that it is to your liking. Because each meal is made to order, you can individualize each dish and Sal will even make suggestions. My husband felt like he was at his grandmother's house, only better!! The staff is very professional and from the moment you sit down you are treated like family. The pride that Sal and his parents take in their restaurant is wonderful. Frank Sinatra was right ……this is the only place to eat Italian in NYC!!!!! Lynn and Robert

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Went with my friend and had a great time. Had a reservation for a Saturday night. Waited about five minutes to be seated. Talked to the owner Joe about some of the great stories about Frank Sinatra dining there. He first met him in 1947. I had the chicken parmigian and my friend had the salmon. Also shared one order of rigatoni with tomato sauce. Everything was delicious. Waiters were easy to find when needed and delivered quick service. I will be back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Patsy's is not just a restaurant, it's something to put on your bucket list. I have eaten at Patsy's for 35 years and had many memorable meals from the times I went in my youth. I recently took my girlfriend for lunch there after not having gone for many years and the restaurant has not lost a step. Every bite was a memory of my childhood with attentive service, great food and the best cannoli you will ever eat. Patsy's is a New York institution that has stood the test of time. Not to be missed.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just had my second visit to Patsy's with my wife and three daughters. Everything from the appetizer (classic antipasto) to the entree (stuffed calamari) to dessert (tiramisu) was terrific. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. Eating at Patsy's is definitely a must every time we visit NYC!