“Great meal with great service.”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, we've been a family-run restaurant offering classic Neapolitan cuisine in a warm, friendly environment.
Picton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal with great service.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited on Fathers Day evening for a special dinner. The food was great. The three of us ate different dishes so we could have a variety.
My veal was fantastic, as were the pasta choices and lasagna. The service was spot on, and it is nice to see wait staff care about customers. Dessert was excellent and was a generous portion.
We even saw Steve Lawrence enjoying dinner. The walls are full of pictures of all the great performers who love the restaurant. We will return when we visit New York again. We were able to take pictures and speak with the famous host. It was a very nice experience. I can see why people have returned for many years.

• Visited June 2014
Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Kevin and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. And thanks for joining us on Father’s Day! We are always touched when our guests come to visit us on special days. It’s wonderful to read you had such a great experience dining with us. We are looking forward to your next visit!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“It is good but not find it hard to believe its trip advisor rank”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I was originally going to do this review as Patsy's v Club A Steakhouse ( no17 v no1 in New York ) . However to be fair to Patsy's you got to read my review of Club A Steakhouse separately. I'm going to rate this (and Club A - see review) on three criteria. 1) Service . 2) The inside of the Restaurent itself and it's ambience. 3) Food (which is always rather subjective but you have my opinion here as a big meat eater and my girlfriend who isn't ). Having come here on recommendation of a friend of mine who'd been to NY before and also on its trip advisor review (17th, high praise indeed) we booked there from the morning of our 1st visit. (1) Our waiter on the evening was a youngish stocky guy who was friendly and full of smiles , no problem here. This cannot be said for the two more elderly waiters who we had on two subsequent visits . So for the 1st visit it has to be 5/5 but for the two subsequent visits 2.5/5 for the military rather than friendly service. I suppose in their defence our last visit was quite late on in the evening so they just wanted us out. In our two subsequent visits our waiter from our 1st visit recognised us and said hello as did the main man himself. (2) the Restaurent itself is based on two floors and has signed photos on the walls of the MANY rich and famous who have eaten here over the years. Everyone from Rihanna to 'old blue eyes' himself for whom Patsy's was a personal favourite. The inside of the Restaurent is nothing too special and is well overdue a spruce up 3/5 for this . (3) surely now you'd expect the food to save the day, we'll it isn't bad at all, I had the sirloin in a tomato based red sauce as my main, cooked with peppers (on my 1st visit), be honest I wasn't that keen on it, on my 3rd visit I asked for the steak on its own without any sauces which I enjoyed a lot more. Overall I'll give the food a 3.5/5, my girlfriend enjoyed hers somewhat more than me. Here is the paradox, I can honestly say I kind of liked Patsy's but I left wondering how the hell it's 17th out of many thousand restaurants in NY, so why did I go back another two times. Well partly because it wasn't bad and partly because my girlfriend liked it more than me. Also you can go to Patsy's rather casually dressed.

Belpre, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrating a Fabulous 29th Birthday in NYC!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had the pleasure of talking with Sal and his son Joe who made us feel just like family on my 29th birthday! If you are ever in NYC, the *only* Italian Place to go is Patsy's! We were going to go to Babbo and some of the others but when I looked at their menus, I was not impressed. I found Patsy's online, the first thing I did was look at the menu and I had a hard time deciding what I wanted because I wanted *EVERYTHING*!

I had the veal cutlet and it was fabulous! My Grandma (Rosina Azzurro) who is a Brooklyn native made them all the time when she was alive and this was the closest thing I've tasted to her cooking in a long time. It really warmed my heart.

I was even sung Happy Birthday by the wait staff. Oh, about the wait staff -- some of the most attentive wait staff I've ever encountered. They had helpful suggestions about the dishes and I never went without a full glass. Very attentive! Wonderful service.

When entered Patsy's we were strangers hoping to have a good dinner, when we left Patsy's we were family that had a full belly and a jar of Patsy's sauce that I can't wait to make with a meal at home in Ohio!

• Visited June 2014
Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Stephanie and thank you for your wonderful review of Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We are always delighted when guests come to share special occasions at our restaurant such as birthdays. Thank you very much for also sharing about your grandmother. It really touches my heart that our food was able to remind you of her. Thank you again for this wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon.

“A Surprise”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just before a Broadway show we ate at Patsy's and found the experience delightful. The service was cordial, friendly and professional. The food is more than great it was a joy. But the best part of the evening was Sal Scognamillo, the chef, who delighted the guests with his charm and natural warmth. Once you've met Sal you want to return and return.

• Visited June 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We’re thrilled you had a delightful experience dining with us. And I am personally happy to have helped make your dining experience so positive. I certainly do hope you’ll visit us again soon!

“Best restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have never had such an amazing meal in my life. The atmosphere, the food, the people....unbelievable. They really make you feel like family. Do not go to the city without eating at Patsy's!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mikeybowlaziti
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant! Wow, what a compliment! We’re proud to be one of the most amazing meals in your life. We’re thrilled to have made you feel like family, as well. Visit us again soon!