“Well established, well respected”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

One of the city's classics dating back to the 1940s. It use to be THE place for "movers and shakers" and the "famous and infamous" but the clientele is changing. Gone are the suited men and fashion conscious women being replaced by the plaid shorts tourist and the house dress women. Fortunately the food remains excellent. It's still crowded, reservations are a must. Inaccessible upper level available for parties. Restrooms are also inaccessible on level down from main floor.

Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the reviewing our family restaurant. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Please let us know the next time you visit.

Chef/Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (4,130)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Family visit with hopes of tasting this typical dish. None left this Sunday evening! Bummer! Else all dishes delicious and well presented. Waiters a bit gruff...

Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the eggplant parmigiana. We ran out that day and I truly am sorry about this. I'm happy to hear though, the other dishes were up to your liking. The next time you visit, I promise we will have the dish for you and your family. Please let me know when you do so by calling us at the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We found Patsy’s whilst researching TripAdvisor for more upscale places to eat during our visit last week and we were not disappointed!

If you put Patsy’s in to a search engine you will see the history of the place. Frank Sinatra’s favourite restaurant whenever he was in New York, a regular choice for numerous different celebrities/ movie stars and a family run restaurant that has been there for over 70 years with only ever three chefs - the founder, his son and now his Grandson (who had currently been there for over 25 years).

The food is absolutely fantastic. The setting is tasteful and elegant and the location is away from the main tourist areas of the City.
We ate upstairs near the front of the restaurant and I would advise you to book a table early enough as by 2030 hours it was really busy. I emailed them and they replied within a couple of hours confirming.

Despite how busy it was, the service was excellent, the food was perfect and we did not have to wait around for ages between courses.
The current chef/ owner, Sal, was walking around when he could, making sure everyone was enjoying their food and having a good time. He came over to us during our meal to ensure we were happy and then again, whilst thanking us for coming as we left.
It really made you feel that he and his staff want you to be there, want you to enjoy yourselves and are grateful that you chose their establishment.
It’s not cheap to eat there but their menu is extensive and the food was definitely worth the price, especially when you consider some of the names that like to visit.

If I lived in New York I would visit Patsy’s as regularly as I could and we will without doubt return whenever we are next in New York.

Hello,

Thank you for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your meal and that our service was up to your liking. Please let us know the next time you visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Diverse menu of great Italian food. As good if not better than We have had in my 16 trips to Italy! We thoroughly enjoyed Sal’s cooking and a couple of speciality dishes - pumpkin tortellini and squash ravioli was to die for!

Hello,

Thank you for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your meal at our family restaurant. Please let us know the next time you visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great Italian restaurant with freshly made food! The appetizer eggplant cheese stuffed rolls were amazing! The linguine pesto was so fresh! Chilean sea bass was very elegant and light! The tiramisu was fantastic and creamy and light! Service was impeccable and we discussed pesto making with great detail! We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our dinner.