“Such a great place I want to commend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Grill - CLOSED

Ocean Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 78th Street
Transit: 1 train to 79th Street and A, B, C, & D trains to 81st Street.
Description: Located directly across from the Museum of Natural History, Ocean Grill has been a staple for Upper West Side seafood lovers for years. Sample daily selections from the Raw and Sushi bars, paired with a featured wine and other fresh seafood. Feeling creative? Ocean Grill allows you to create your own meal with our daily list of Simply Grilled Fish served with your choice of sauce and seasonal side dish. Relax in the candle-lit lounge or refined dining area that resembles a luxury liner, complete with oversized mirrors and round porthole windows looking into the kitchen. The adjacent photo room is lined with retro black and white seaside snapshots and is a perfect spot for romance or celebration and as always kids are welcome.
San Francisco
“Such a great place I want to commend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is my first Tripadvisor restaurant review even after years of reviewing hotels. But this restaurant deserves praise, after having eaten here twice this past year. I have eaten in many upscale restaurants, mostly in the San Francisco area where I live, but rarely does one find the great food (focus on fish, of course), lovely decor (formal but not stuffy), grown-up service (attentive but not intrusive or amateurish), reasonable prices, and availability of reservations at a decent hour on short notice (i.e., not 5 pm or 9 pm!) that this restaurant offers.

• Visited September 2013

Frankfort, Illinois
“Good food, lousy service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We dined here on the last night of our trip to New York. The food was good but the service was dreadful. Our waitress literally could not have cared less. After taking forever to come over after we were seated, she asked us if we were ready to order (not can I get you a drink, the specials of the day, etc.) After managing to get a drink I had to again pry out of her what the catch of the day was (trout - very boring). What I did order was good, not great. Our daughter is not little (12 1/2) but they really didn't seem happy to see her on a Saturday night. Strange since they have a kids menu.

• Visited August 2013
Morristown, Tennessee
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We ate at this spot after dropping our son off for his freshman year at Columbia. My husband and I were putting on brave faces missing our guy but were determined to celebrate rather than be sad. This was the perfect spot for such a celebration. My husband had the catch of the day special and I had the filet. Both were excellent and I loved the passion fruit cosmo. Our waiter was very good and even brought us champagne when he over heard our conversation about celebrating. I will return when we come for parents weekend in October.

1 Thank TheSuze12
“Superb restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We dined here for lunch, following our visit to the Natural History Museum. Our server was excellent, as was the entire staff. The restaurant is beautiful and clean with a high standard of service.

We had wine and beer ordered at our table and both were well-chilled and good! The manager was helpful for our gluten-free needs, tirelessly searching for Tamari sauce for our sushi. When he was unable to find any he came over to our table and apologized, offering us anything we wanted to make up for it. We declined the offer and instead, thanked him for carrying it in the first place - it's difficult to find gluten free options so it's nice to know they are looking out for ALL of their customers! Well done.

I had the Lobster roll for lunch and it was excellent. It came with the most flavorful waffle fries in the world! Yummy! Our son had California rolls and gobbled them up. Our parents had the Seafood Louie salad and the blackened swordfish sandwich - both were devoured. No complaints at all on anything here.

We will definitely be returning here and highly recommend it for a nice meal with great service. Thank you for the wonderful dining experience, Ocean Grill!

Sydney, Australia
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Terrific restaurant. You feel as though you are dining on a grand ocean liner. Excellent seafood, thankfully not massive servings, good service and good fun