“Great authentic Italian restaurant”
Review of Monte's Trattoria

Monte's Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Monte's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between Bleecker and West 3rd Streets
Transit: A,B,C,D,E,F,& V trains to West 4th Street/Washington Square Park
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great authentic Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I used to go there all the time when I lived in NYC back in nineties. Took my wife there hoping it would still be the great restaurant I remembered. It was! Great food selection, and it all was top quality. Waiters made you feel like you were the only people in the restaurant.

Visited June 2014

Middletown
“Great food and very friendly chef”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The gnocchi melts in your mouth and the minestrone is the best I ever had, (sorry Nona). Chef Pietro always comes over to the table and loves to talk about food. We will be in the city in July and we having dinner there. Can't wait and what are you waiting for. Go to Monte's you will not be disappointed !

• Visited October 2013
Neptune, New Jersey
“Best in Little Italy”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent food, grest service and super atmosphere. Ownership has passed from father to son but owner still hovers over everyone to make sure they are satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Classic American Italian Resturant”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is one of my favourite New York restaurants and I always try to visit when I am in town. It is good value for money restaurant which still has a family run feel to it that serves all the classic Italian dishes you get in the USA. I used to go to restaurants in Little Italy when I was in new York but in my experience Monte's is a little off the tourist trail and has better food at better prices.

• Visited April 2014
Virginia
“ Average dinner experience. ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Two of us had dinner at Monte's on a Friday night. It is a small Old Italian restaurant in the heart of Soho. We had a nice dinner but expected more after reading the reviews on T.A. The bread was served cold - not room temperature. The caesar salad was fresh, yet the dressing was just ok. I had eggplant parmigiana and my friend had the manicotti. The eggplant was sliced paper thin so most of the taste was from the sauce. We both enjoyed our meals but there was nothing special about them. There was a screaming child at the table next to us and we could not so that may have been a factor in us not bring wowed by this place.

1 Thank iliketotravel123