“Good pre-theatre restaurant”

Ranked #614 of 13,619 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 9th Ave.
Transit: Times Square
Description: Now in the 25th year, this "winning" Restaurant Row Italian is renowned for its "Roman style specialties". (Don't miss "those fried artichokes"), "gracious services" and "after the theater" crowd departs for a more relaxed meal.
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“Good pre-theatre restaurant”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our group of 6 had an excellent pre-theatre meal. The wait staff knew exactly how to time our meal to get us out the door in time to make our curtain. Everyone's choice was delicious, and the pre-dinner drinks were also good. They even split our check among the group and allowed us to pay separately.

Visited May 2014

Killingworth, Connecticut
“Fantastic pre theater lunch”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a fantastic pre- matinee lunch at Lattanzi. Starting off with the homemade matzoh drizzled in olive oil which was delicious we then went on to the signature dish- grilled artichokes- delicious! At no time did our water glasses fall below half. I had the sea bass which was light and moist. My husband enjoyed the mixed grill. The side dishes were nicely prepared fresh veggies- just steamed and lightly seasoned- not over cooked as so many restaurants do. Our service was impeccable. We finished the meal with the ricotta cheese cake - don't skip the dessert! Total bill for two including 1 glass of wine, 2 appetizers 1 dessert 2 coffees 2 entrees without tip was about $115. Not at all an inexpensive lunch but we were very satisfied with the dining experience.

“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We were so disappointed after reading reviews. The service was not very attentive and slow. We sat with finished plates 20 to 30 minutes. Didn't refill water. Just super slow. We had looked forward to their signature artichoke appitizer, but they were out. I ordered the lamb shank which was very salty and desperately needed something sweeter to balance it. I asked for mint jelly and told they didn't have it and they looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't even eat a quarter of it and did not ask for a doggie bag - none was offered either. The broccoli rabe was good as well as my husbands filet (hard to mess up a filet). Don't waste your money. Too many other good restaurants out there. I will NOT go back

New York City, New York
“Unique Food on Restaurant Row”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate lunch at Lattanzi before a mantinee. It was a good choice for pre-theater as it's on New York's famous restaurant row in the theater district. I wasn't sure what to expect as the type of cuisine is Roman Jewish - that combination was new to me.
The restaurant is cozy. The main room is a little dark and more suited for a cold winter night. However they do a sunnier sun room and even a few tables set up outside for a warm summer evening.
The service was friendly and helpful. They did a good job, although at times the wait staff was not in the area, it seemed like maybe they could have used one more staff member working the floor. However, the staff that was on duty was working hard to make sure everything was going well for the diners.
I had zucchini blossoms stuffed with ricotta. It was more rustic than zucchini blossoms I have had at other places, but they were delicious. I loved the flavorful Mariana sauce that was served as a dipping sauce.
For my entree I had a seafood pasta. I had a half of lobster and plenty of shrimp. Again the homemade pasta was delicious.
Dessert was peach sorbet served in a frozen peach. It was full of fruit flavor and again - delicious.
We were pleased with our lunch here and felt it will be kept on our list of places around Broadway for pre or post theater dining. Unique and delicious.

1 Thank James S
Syosset, NY
“Perfect for Before Theater”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Located on Restaurant Row on West 46th Street it is within walking distance of the theaters. This neighborhood gem has all of the features we love in a restaurant. Takes and commits to reservations, excellent food, attentive service and a noise level that allows normal conversation. With all of the choices on restaurants on this street we make Lattanzi a favorite.