“Fabulous breakfast”
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchenette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,794 of 13,735 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 123rd
Transit: Trains 1, A, C, B, D Buses M60 and M11
Description: Home style cooking at its best is our mantra. You are met at the door with our abundantly filled pastry cases. The shelves are filled with our homemade layer cakes, flaky pies, iced cupcakes, fruit crisps and so much more to tempt you on your way to a table. Kitchenette can satisfy all your cravings whether it be an oasis from the cold with our own hot chocolate topped with a homemade marshmallow, or a steamy bowl of chicken soup or a hearty meal of turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We are a home away from home.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous breakfast”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

While in New York over Thanksgiving 2013, we stumbled upon Kitchenette in Tribeca and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. When we found ourselves in Morningside Heights this morning, we were pleased to find another Kitchenette around the corner. Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Eggs cooked just right. Fresh, warm, homemade biscuits served with flavored whipped butter and fresh jam. Very tasty turkey sausage. And a mound of flavorful redskin potatoes. Wait staff could not be more pleasant. A friendly place to which we hope to return.

• Visited January 2014

Alstonville, Australia
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We chose Kitchenette for Thanksgiving Dinner. I had quite overwhelmed looking for somewhere from Australia so the positive reviews on trip advisor were enough for me. We were staying in Times Square so jumped in a yellow cab... the cab kept driving a lot further than we thought and he was very hesitant about dropping us off. Any hesitation on our behalf was gone as soon as we walked in. The place was pumping!! Food was traditional and great! They allowed us to share 1 meal between 2...we can never eat a full meal each. A great little find!

• Visited November 2013
Cork
“Amazing Thanksgiving Experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were looking for a proper Thanksgiving experience and this was exactly it! It's so cosy and everybody was so friendly. The food was family style, we were asked what sides we would like and asked if we could try a bit of everything. This was no problem, we were brought little bowls of different sides....cornbread stuffing, traditional stuffing, maple butternut squash, sweet potato mash topped with marshmallow!
All so tasty! Our waitress was fantastic and nothing was a problem. We had pumpkin beers and apple pie bellinis to drink, yum and different! We couldn't manage dessert so we had pumpkin pie and cherry pie to go and enjoyed it later that night! All in all, we had a brilliant Thanksgiving at Kitchenette :)

Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Perfect Winter Respite”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

As we walked two miles in icy chill and blustery wind, my friend (who lives near Columbia) suggested the Kitchenette as our goal. I'd never been there, and aside from elation at finally being indoors and warm, I was immediately struck by the friendly, cozy atmosphere. The place was jammed late on a Sunday afternoon, and it was impossible to talk above the noise in the dining room. Our waiter graciously moved us to one of the few tables in the outer room, which was perfect.
The menu is intriguing. I was drawn to the oatmeal and granola descriptions, but finally couldn't resist the Quinoa burger. Glad I chose it -- tasty, appealing, very different. The dressing for my field green salad was delicious.
Service was excellent, too. I'd just begun to think of asking for more hot water for my tea when the waiter appeared and slid a new cup of piping hot water next to my plate.

I live 10 or 12 miles away and don't get to the Columbia area often, but next time I'm anywhere nearby, I'm heading back to Kitchenette. It's probably delightful in warm weather, too, but for winter, it's a find.

• Visited November 2013
“Great breakfast location”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for breakfast and we were impressed enough with our first visit to return the next day. Breakfast is cheap, particularly if you go for the pre-10AM menu. Service was friendly and attentive, the food arrived quickly and the quality was excellent on both visits.

• Visited October 2013