“Form over function”
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchenette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,903 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 123rd
Transit: Trains 1, A, C, B, D Buses M60 and M11
Description: Home style cooking at its best is our mantra. You are met at the door with our abundantly filled pastry cases. The shelves are filled with our homemade layer cakes, flaky pies, iced cupcakes, fruit crisps and so much more to tempt you on your way to a table. Kitchenette can satisfy all your cravings whether it be an oasis from the cold with our own hot chocolate topped with a homemade marshmallow, or a steamy bowl of chicken soup or a hearty meal of turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We are a home away from home.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Form over function”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We went for brunch having read some good reviews but were rather disappointed. The staff were at best indifferent to serving us and took for ever despite their large numbers. We were seated on a table for two along side the bar, but there was a nasty draft every time the front door opened, my chair was wobbly and bizarrely halfway through our meal we were asked to move along a bit (chairs table and all) to accommodate people being seated at the next table. The food tasted good ( no poached eggs for some reason ) but having had the pulled chicken I couldn't stray too far from the loo for the rest of the day.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The fried chicken was dry and not so tasty. The cheescake was frozen. Friendly service, a bit overpriced.

• Visited April 2014
Bethel, North Carolina
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Found this gem while on lunch from a seminar at the Interchurch Center. Loved the charm and the healthy menu. Choose the winter salad which was full of spinach and healthy additions like butternut squash and cranberries.

Visited March 2014
Ireland
“Loved it-my favourite breakfast of the trip! ”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I visited here on a visit in Feb 2014. I had researched places to eat before I left and this place just stood out for me.
I arrived just after they opened. What a lovely cafe!! All colour and cake! Such a homely place! The cakes on display were huge& I just wanted to sit there all day& sample everything!
On to breakfast! The menu is quite extensive & it was very hard to decide! I decided to go for oatmeal with strawberries, french toast &fresh fruit, tea, wholegrain toast& a side of crispy bacon.
I liked the way the tea came in a nice sturdy mug, hate cups! The oatmeal was gorgeous, nice and soft, not to stiff not too runny. I'm fussy bout oatmeal! The bacon was crispy with a nice sweet flavour. Now the french toast- I can honestly say it was the best I've ever had. Great flavour. Crispy on the outside yet soft inside. Not too greasy either. I loved it.
Next time I'm in New York I'll definitely return. Possibly for lunch and dinner too!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous breakfast”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

While in New York over Thanksgiving 2013, we stumbled upon Kitchenette in Tribeca and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. When we found ourselves in Morningside Heights this morning, we were pleased to find another Kitchenette around the corner. Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Eggs cooked just right. Fresh, warm, homemade biscuits served with flavored whipped butter and fresh jam. Very tasty turkey sausage. And a mound of flavorful redskin potatoes. Wait staff could not be more pleasant. A friendly place to which we hope to return.

• Visited January 2014