“brunch”
Review of Extra Virgin

Extra Virgin
Reserve with OpenTable
Extra Virgin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #938 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West Village
florida
“brunch”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend. We had a very delicious monte cristo sandwich with arugula salad and a omelette for brunch.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
“Wonderful food, trendy spot”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant and had dinner there our first night in NY. The food was delicious and the wait staff were very kind and patient with us. They offered for us to sit inside and finish our bottle of wine and didn't make us fee like we had to rush. The place was packed so it must be popular with the locals too.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We found this little gem by wondering the streets of greenwich village during the day and headed back for dinner. We had to wait an hour fir a table but there is a vibrant bar serving great drinks and cocktails. Brilliant atmosphere, friendly staff and great food. Would definitely go back. Very popular place!

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Lots of great choices!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I came here for my friend's birthday dinner and we had a fabulous meal. I have pretty specific favorite tastes/foods so rarely does a menu leave me deciding between multiple entrees. However, here on this menu I could not decide between several items.

I finally settled on the lemon crusted Chilean Seabass which was absolutely delicious! It came with mashed potatoes, artichokes and and an avocado puree. The fish was perfectly cooked and super tasty. Yum!

We also split fries for the table, which were excellent and I got a raspberry martini, which was great.

The restaurant is located in my favorite neighborhood and the ambiance is ideal. Inside the restaurant is exposed brick--my fav! I hope to come back soon.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta
“Good Food, but too much Musical Chairs and Bum's Rush”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Really excellent meal, but the fact that the minuscule table for two was turned to a 3-way, then the table for 6 along the same banquette was re-arranged to seat 8, then they were uprooted to yet another table which had been set and re-set 2-3 times.. well, it was plain distracting. Not to mention that the hostess conferred loudly every few minutes with our waitress about our "status" pretty much as soon as our food was delivered. Seriously? It was amusing a bit at first, but by the time we left, all of us were irritated-- and we were celebrating a birthday that we had hoped to share a special dessert, but ended up just leaving.

But I will tell you that the food was good, well prepared, well presented. We all started with their Extra Virgin Salad which had quite a vinegar-kick to the dressing (in a good way). Hubby had the rare seared tuna with brussel sprouts-- excellent. Daughter was impressed with the Lemon Crusted Chilean Seabass, loved the crispy artichokes and avacado puree. I had a filet special that was pretty status quo, but the presentation and accompanying carrots, onions and merlot sauce was really nice. The fries with gorgonzola fondue is a must get, but my favorite side dish was the tasty broccolini with roasted garlic.

I wish I could comment on the desserts, but the atmosphere simply wasn't conducive to enjoying a cup of coffee. One shouldn't have to stop in Starbucks on the way home for an after dinner decaf!

• Visited January 2014