“A Fine Hotel in an excellent location.”

Hyatt Centric Times Square New York
Ranked #54 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my first stay in a top class NYC hotel. My first impression, of course, was of the staff who greeted us by name at the door and who took care of the car. It was a cold, dull afternoon in January but they gave us the brightest welcome. That welcome extended into the reception area. Everything was just right; professional, efficient, friendly and courteous. Everyone smiled at us and that was a pleasant surprise. It is a brand new hotel and everything was sparkling. The room was compact, but everything was there, slippers, robes and a perfect bed. The bathroom had every amenity and facility. We only used the restaurant for breakfast, there is so much competition in the surrounding streets, but again, everything was so right.

Room Tip: We were in two rooms on the 32nd floor. Both perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob S
Ryan F, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Valmont,

We are pleased and flattered that you chose us for your first stay in NYC! I hope that we represented the city well. It is a treat to read such glowing feedback and I will be sure to share your nice comments with the team.

Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon.
ps. not every single room has robes and slippers but I know it is really important to many people so we are always happy to ensure your room has it before arrival; just give us a call before check in.

Best regards,
Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (4,309)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed for four nights and just loved it. In the past, Times Square was never my location of choice due to the noise and general craziness, but after reading about the new building with sound-proof windows, and being a longtime fan of Hyatt, I decided to give it a try (the opening introductory price on Hyatt.com helped persuade me). Its atmosphere is similar to the Andaz Wall Street. They upgraded us to a View King on the 29thfloor due to my platinum status. The room had very modern décor, with NYC-themed pop art. We enjoyed all the modern amenities: super comfortable top-of-the-line Hyatt bed (not like the ones at the Hyatt Place Mid-town); robes and slippers; fast wifi and great TV; pretty quiet heater, etc. - all the things that you'd expect from a category six Hyatt/Andaz brand. The gym and rooftop lounge were not ready yet, but that was fine since when I am in Manhattan I must walk 4 or 5 miles a day. The location, of course, can't be beat. Subway stations were plentiful and close by, a Starbucks was just across the street, and all the theaters we went were within two blocks, crazy. The hotel is very well managed; someone is doing a great job. Young staffers were well trained in the best Hyatt manner, friendly and courteous. The assistant manager, Liam, was there the whole time of our stay; we were impressed with him and all the people working there. The only minor problem I noticed was that housekeeping was not always impeccable (unfortunately for the housekeepers, even a day's worth of dust is quite noticeable in a new walnut and brass-furnished room with white linens). I have stayed in many Hyatts of all levels and, overall, this one really stands out among other big-city hotels. We slept so well, it was like being in a urban retreat. Just to see what we were missing, I opened the window a crack (yes, they open) and the sound outside was what we would have heard if we had stayed at other hotels around Times Square. Thank you HTS. Looking forward to our next stay.

2  Thank Thoralby
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt Times Square. I was a little reluctant about staying there because of the location; I thought it would be so chaotic and not relaxing at all. To my surprise, the stay was quite the opposite. I think the windows must be sound-proofed because I didn't hear any noise from outside, despite the great Time Square view. (It was the best of both worlds.)

The room itself was terrific. When I opened the room doors, I felt at home. (I love that feeling!) Everything was fresh and crisp and the décor was light and airy. The quality of all the furniture (especially the small coffee table) was noteworthy. The bathroom was elegant.

The staff were all friendly and accommodating. The only not so great feature I'd say is the hotel restaurant. I agree with other reviews that it's a little pricey for what you get. It's not bad; it's just not great like some of the other Hyatt property restaurants that I've experienced.

I hope to return again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ryan F, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Hotelgeographer,

Greetings from NYC and thank you so much for taking a leap and trying us out; I am really pleased that we were able to surprise (and perhaps delight?) you with how quiet our rooms are. We think we are on the correct side of Times Square to keep guests away from it who choose to avoid it and a lot of expense went into getting the sound proofing right so it’s great to hear that that worked also!

Thank you also for complimenting the associates; there is nothing I enjoy more than reading comments like this and being the one to high five the team. Lastly, I completely understand your feedback on the restaurant and want to assure you that we hear it loud and clear and are looking to make some alterations going forward to provide a real strong sense of value to our guests.

Thanks again for staying with us!
Best regards,
Ryan

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just opened in December 2013; got a great deal on a view room by paying in advance; on the 34th floor; fabulous view of Times Square; one block from Kinky Boots, Pippin, and Twelfth Night; wonderful & attentive staff!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I would love to keep this place all to myself but to do so would be very unfair to the wonderful people who staff this chic new hotel. Literally, the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. From the smiling doorman to the cheerful maintenance man, everyone seemed happy to help us and delighted to be working there. The room was small but the bed comfortable and the bathroom sleek and immaculate. The location was ideal for dinner and a show. The only negative was that breakfast was a bit pricy at the diner on site ($22.00 for eggs, bacon, potatoes) but there are many places to eat within walking distance so not a huge issue. We have stayed in many wonderful hotels in New York but this place may just have the right combination of features to replace all of them!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

A friend and I came to NYC for a girls trip. This was our first time in NYC and we loved the Hyatt Times Square. We were upgraded to a room with a view and heated bathroom floors, it was spacious and clean. The hotel is new and one of the restaurant/bars is not open yet. The restaurant in lobby had a great breakfast menu, I had the Plain Jane Waffles and they were delicious. Be careful the waitress came by when we sat down and offered us orange juice, we accepted and also ordered coffee. We were shocked when we received our check and realized we were charged $6 each for the orange juice and $6 each for coffee (it was GREAT coffee), but OUCH $24 in coffee and orange juice is expensive. The concierge was extremely helpful in helping us Texas girls figure out the New York City subway system. I enjoyed our stay and loved the hotel, but if I go back to NYC I will not be staying at Times Square. Times Square was to busy, to many people, to loud. Next time I think I will try the Hyatt 48 Lex in Midtown NYC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TetaG
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A couple of weeks ago, we spent Saturday Night in Manhattan to celebrate my wife's birthday. After dinner we went to the Hyatt, and to our surprise they upgraded us to an executive suite on the 22nd floor and extended checkout till 1 pm, We very much enjoyed the view and the big room! Overall a pleasant experience with the staff being courteous from the front desk to the housekeeping. I highly recommend the hotel!

Dear Buenzli,

Greetings from Times Square and thanks for choosing us to celebrate a special occasion! Please wish Mrs. Buenzli a very happy birthday from all of us! :)

I am really pleased to hear that the team took great care of you; I will be sure to let the front office and housekeeping team know and thank them for a job well done.

Hopefully you come back and see us again soon and perhaps you can spend a little longer,

All the best Ryan