“Great preparation”
Review of Barbuto

Barbuto
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbuto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: West 12th
Transit: 1,9 at Christopher St., A,C,E,L at 14th and 8th.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This open air restaurant specializes in chicken, prepared in a fiery wood oven and served piping hot. Excellent tender succulent chicken, huge portions. We ordered a couple of side dishes, hands down the best one was roasted potatoes sprinkled with Pecorino cheese. It was a great combination of flavors.

There are newer reviews for Barbuto

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The service should be as good as the chicken, but it is not. The bartender is so lay back, I probably disturbed him by ordering appetizers at the bar while waiting for a table. And only one was served. The other one (both cold apps), found us at our table way later. The timing delivery at Barbuto is off. Then, the same bartender gave me back somebody else Amex after I signed my tab, and no thank you. I kept that card in my pocket for 45 minutes until they realized their mistake. Once at the table, it took the waitress 3 tries and 15 minutes to get my girlfriend her martini, while I received my glass of wine right away. The first bottle of wine was corky, and I felt sorry for saying it to the waitress. Naturally, I got a guilty look as she felt clearly offended. The next bottle was fine. Nobody is ever sorry at Barbuto. It's a lovely place, and so enjoyable on a spring night... Maybe they take it for granted.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's loud. Moving past that, I had a recommendation to try it and I'm glad we did. The location is great and service is excellent. We opted for the chef's dinner and it was overwhelming. Too much. Most of the items were tasty. Wine list is extensive and not hugely expensive. I think the immensity of the meal threw me off - really can't remember any one thing except the chicken. To be fair, our waitron said it was a lot of food and it may have been a signal that "you can't eat it all." The kids live there so they took home the leftovers so that's a plus. It was just too noisy to enjoy any conversation. Go. Try something other than the price fix option.

1  Thank Doug O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had the Chicken, it was amazing. The staff and the atmosphere was great, and everything I ordered tasted amazing. You are getting what you pay for, great food!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This would have been a more positive review had they not charged us 15$ for a glass of Nebbiolo that was way below the acceptable standards. Service is extremely attentive and friendly, the place is quite cool with a basic decor very much in the spirit of the neighbourhood (meatpacking district) and a lively atmosphere. We had an excellent risotto and an OK plate of gnocchi (some were close to burned after being sautéed). The only negative thing is the issue with the wine, and I do expect that a place like this, charging that price to serve excellent wine, not spoiled wine.