“Stumbled on a gem; would look out for next time”
Review of Mary's Fish Camp

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had been walking for miles and was focused on seafood at the base of High Line when i literally stumbled on Mary's Fish Camp. I was desperate and still had some walking to go so I stopped by here instead. You know, sometimes you can be lucky and this was one of them. It was stiflingly hot outside so the kitchen, which seemed to occupy at least half of the floor area, must have been like a furnace. Yet what was immediately obvious was that none of this was affecting the energy and enthusiasm of the staff. There was Mary at the front of the kitchen prepping and finishing, chef, whose passion for this work was evident in his attention to detail (the mountain of fries carefully arranged in stockpile form is worth ordering just for the visuals). I'm sure the freshly made lemon is great normally but on a really hot day it was (both were) essential and sharp to the palate. Everything on the menu seemed worthy of a look as I observed a steady stream of meals passing by. My octopus skewer was delicate, Others seemed self satisfied with their whole fish or their fillets. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Mary's Fish Camp

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I always promise myself I will try something different when I visit Marys as the fish always looks amazing but then I get there..... And simply have to order the lobster rolls. They are simply delicious and no trip to NY is complete without a visit or 2

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whenever you crave for fish, Mary's Fish Camp is the place to go.
When I walked into the restaurant I was greated by the very friendly staff. Unfortunately I had to wait a little to be seated (this place is ALWAYS busy) but it was well worth the wait. I started with a watercress salad which was very fresh and coated with a delicious, slightly garlicky dressing. Then I had one of their signature dishes, the lobster roll. Very fresh with a lot of lobster in it, accompanied by some very thin but crispy fries. Just a perfect combination.

Overall, highly recommendable!

1  Thank 333CD
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We visited Mary's Fish Camp off the back of reviews on here, and weren't disappointed! The food was fantastic, the atmosphere great, and the staff really lovely and full of fun. Can wholeheartedly recommend.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Decided to visit after reading other reviews as we fancied seafood. It was a bit of a journey from our hotel, as no reservations it was a gamble. The suggested 30 min wait was about correct. Stayed on site and had a beer in cosy conditions.
The place was busy, great buzz, though friendly and relaxed atmosphere . Food fantastic, oysters to start tasted superb. All of our mains great, fresh and flavoursome. Desserts delicious also.
Whenever back in NY will visit again.

1  Thank Vagabond999