“Loved It!”

Neighbourhood: West Village
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved this place. We had a fantastic and memorable lunch. We started with a bottle of Spanish cava and a large plate of oysters. We then had the fried green tomatoes and the watermelon salad - fantastic combination. We then shared the lobster roll and shoestring fries. All good. To top things off the strawberry shortcake and the hot fudge peanut brittle sundae were amazing. Thanks for making everything fresh and delicious. Nothing like homemade whipped cream.

• Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“the lobster rolls rock”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

While I enjoy reading the menu and acknowledge the vast array of delicious seafood options available here, I inevitably order the lobster roll. They are crazy delicious. Sitting at the wooden tables munching on the calamari appetizer, you can almost pretend you are at the beach. Mary's does a pretty good job of creating the atmosphere of a sea food shack in the heart of the West Village.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Stumbled on a gem; would look out for next time”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had been walking for miles and was focused on seafood at the base of High Line when i literally stumbled on Mary's Fish Camp. I was desperate and still had some walking to go so I stopped by here instead. You know, sometimes you can be lucky and this was one of them. It was stiflingly hot outside so the kitchen, which seemed to occupy at least half of the floor area, must have been like a furnace. Yet what was immediately obvious was that none of this was affecting the energy and enthusiasm of the staff. There was Mary at the front of the kitchen prepping and finishing, chef, whose passion for this work was evident in his attention to detail (the mountain of fries carefully arranged in stockpile form is worth ordering just for the visuals). I'm sure the freshly made lemon is great normally but on a really hot day it was (both were) essential and sharp to the palate. Everything on the menu seemed worthy of a look as I observed a steady stream of meals passing by. My octopus skewer was delicate, Others seemed self satisfied with their whole fish or their fillets. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Simply the best lobster rolls”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I always promise myself I will try something different when I visit Marys as the fish always looks amazing but then I get there..... And simply have to order the lobster rolls. They are simply delicious and no trip to NY is complete without a visit or 2

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“The lobster rolls are outstanding”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whenever you crave for fish, Mary's Fish Camp is the place to go.
When I walked into the restaurant I was greated by the very friendly staff. Unfortunately I had to wait a little to be seated (this place is ALWAYS busy) but it was well worth the wait. I started with a watercress salad which was very fresh and coated with a delicious, slightly garlicky dressing. Then I had one of their signature dishes, the lobster roll. Very fresh with a lot of lobster in it, accompanied by some very thin but crispy fries. Just a perfect combination.

Overall, highly recommendable!