“Best apple martinis, lovely view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sky Room

Sky Room
Ranked #112 of 857 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best apple martinis, lovely view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I'm a rooftop lover so I try to visit a different one every time I visit the concret jungle. I went to the Sky Room in a ladie's night out (party of 5). The view is really lovely, I wish I went on summer time to enjoy it better from their terrace. The staff wasn't so smily or friendly, yeah it's NY but you want to keep your customers coming back regardless of the place. I had a few apple martinis that were the BEST I had in years. The place has a cool relaxed ambience, not too crazy about the decoration. It wasn't too crowded on a Saturday night which surprised me a little. I liked that the music wasn't too loud so I was able to conversate without yelling.

Durham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“miss this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

visited new york last month and noticed a deal on travelzoo for skyroom, on the pics it looks really nice etc, it stated smart casual so thought we would make this our big night out, got served my the host well i think! got told to take a seet and some1 will be over soon, 20mins later after seeing all the staff just standing and talking i went over and asked if any1 will be getting our order was told yeh she will be over soon. while all the staff stud around and messing around 1 girl had to do all the work.
finally came over another 10mins later wanted a cocktail didnt have something so had to change, to top it off ordered food came served by a grumpy male and the brushetta was that hard it cracked my front tooth so i have a nice dental till. and after all that we got our bill in the deal it was $39 for 4 selected drinks and 2 appetizers but we had a bill for $20, had to pay for service and well then extra for some of the food??? didnt even waste my breath on them so just left. or and for that smart casual dont bother went on a friday night and people where in uggs trainers and jeans. will defo not be back!!!!!

Visited November 2013
NYC
“nice place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

we spent good time there. huge and nice place!!!!!
They have 2 floors, and 4 areas. DJ. you can order food. big card of cocktails. nice people visit this place. all stuff is very polite and friendly. it was not to crowded even on Saturday, so you can dance and breath)))))).
and of course the view of Manhattan! amazing.
so, if you have a time step by))))

Visited September 2013
Islandia, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“SKY ROOM A MAJOR DUD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Honestly, I have to say...was not impressed AT ALL with the Sky Room. It is unbelievably pretentious - what with the velvet ropes and red carpet at 5 o'clock in the afternoon and all the huge security guards. I guess they were getting ready for the later Saturday night crowd, but....the guards were nice, but the bartending staff on the top floor of the Sky Room? Not so much - really just rude - not working for their pay. No one greeted us, we had to ask the 4 people standing at the bar to help us. and PLEASE let's discuss the "glassware" at this wanna-be South Beach hangout...it's all plastic. Even as the reserved tables...where you probably have to pay high dollar for bottle service...with PLASTIC champagne flutes.
I was not impressed in the least with anything except the view and really, that's all we came for - a drink and a view. If it was for a total night out, MAN would we have been disappointed. This place needs to get over itself.
ALSO - from the security guard's mouth: DO NOT STAY at this hotel on a Friday or Saturday night - it is apparently a logistical and noise nightmare!
that said, one drink and a view for 20 minutes, and you've not wasted your time.
and seriously - they force you to check your bags (unless you're a woman with a purse) for $3. I "get it" if this is for a nightclub. it was 5 in the afternoon. come on!!!

Visited September 2013