“great rooftop”

Ranked #227 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 2 September 2014

love this place ... but preferred in summer, after dark the dancing and drinking is insanely fun. lineup on the main floor for the elevator .. but once upstairs it was so worth it.

bring lots of $$ for the drinks!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We loved the Sky Room - a great place to enjoy a sky-high view of skyscrapers lit up at night, and shimmering streets down below. A good vibe, lively atmosphere and friendly staff. A good place to head to at sunset - be sure to take ID with you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good music very nice view! For just the 2 of us we had a ball. We are comin back with our friends. Met some new people. Nothing crazy

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Not the type of place that lends itself to daylight hours!! Go in the evening when the lights are low. the place is tried and had a bit of a 'toilet' smell. We didnt like the plastic wine glasses, although we can understand why considering the location. Shame the top floor is only open late evenings. Staff friendly and service was quick.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I'm a rooftop lover so I try to visit a different one every time I visit the concret jungle. I went to the Sky Room in a ladie's night out (party of 5). The view is really lovely, I wish I went on summer time to enjoy it better from their terrace. The staff wasn't so smily or friendly, yeah it's NY but you want to keep your customers coming back regardless of the place. I had a few apple martinis that were the BEST I had in years. The place has a cool relaxed ambience, not too crazy about the decoration. It wasn't too crowded on a Saturday night which surprised me a little. I liked that the music wasn't too loud so I was able to conversate without yelling.