“Good food but spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruby Foo's - CLOSED

Ruby Foo's
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 49th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, and A, C & E trains to 50th Street. Bus: M104
Description: Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Good food but spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and my self book had a meal here in ruby foo's on our trip to New York,

The restaurant was nice but the music was a bit loud for us,

The food was fast from ordering to getting,
The food tasted nice but was a bit spicy ( as it says on the menu,) but it was just a little spicy for my likening,

I would return to ruby foo's in my next trip to New York.
I would recommend it to any one,
I would also recommend booking before going as they are always busy.

• Visited November 2013
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Ruby Foo's!

It truly means a lot to us to hear from you and we appreciate your positive feedback.

Miami, Florida
“Dinner after theatre.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had been to the theatre, and decided to Ruby Foo's for a quick bite before bed. I had not been her in years and always thought of this place only for tourist. I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed with the sushi and was not disappointed. The service was quick and friendly, but it was late. I would come back again.

• Visited October 2013
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Ruby Foo's in Times Square!

It truly means a lot to us to hear from you and we appreciate your feedback.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Good food, excellent location, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Enthousiastic about the location and menu choice. However had to wait almost 1 hour before my starter arrived. Waitress was very friendly but forgot my drink order not once, twice but three times . .
Food was very good, I would come back but avoid " rush hours "

Visited November 2013
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your great feedback and will be discussing your comments regarding the service with our staff and our managers here. We are always looking for ways to improve.

dorset, england
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I ate here in October. It was lunchtime and I was on my own. The service and food were excellent - waiter was attentive without being over-bearing - also very knowledgeable about the menu including the wines. I highly recommend Ruby Foos and look forward to eating here when I am next visiting NYC.

• Visited October 2013

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“The Peking duck was pathetic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went here for a birthday dinner... The Peking duck was a pathetic portion...lots of rice buns (?), but little meat, which was rather dry. Embarrassing for $ 24 and a complete ripoff, but then you are in Times Square. The coconut shrimp appetizer was good, but portion size was again tiny. I have no plans on returning, and I really wouldn't have gone here if I hadn't been invited. Definitely a tourist trap.

• Visited November 2013