“Not so good mani/pedi”

Got a photo?
Add it.
De Novo European Beauty Spa
Reviewed 31 July 2007

My friend and I visited New York recently and wanted to get a mani/pedi, but we didn't want to spend a TON of money on it. We researched spas before we left and decided upon DeNovo due to the other reviews and the price of their mani/pedis. The actual manicure and pedicure wasn't bad. They did everything they were supposed to do. However, the application of the polish was horrible. I had her redo my hands when I realized there were bubbles in the base coat. She did so gladly. However, the application of the polish (it was acutally a French) was so thick and gloppy that it never did set properly. I wound up removing the polish within hours of the application. The polish on my toes was just riddled with bubbles. I wound up taking that off too within a day. I spent $80 on the whole thing, and within 24 hours, I had already taken off the polish. Perhaps doing mani/pedi's isn't their thing? Perhaps I got someone who can't do it well? Whatever the reason, I will not be returning there for a manicure or pedicure.

1  Thank Crabby74
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed 16 August 2004

I came here for my bachlerotte party with 7 brides maids. We had the place all to our selves. Galina shut the doors and we were in heaven from the moment we stepped through the doors. Upon arrival we were served champagne and then went off to do our services. Everybody from the manicure lady to the facials to the incredibly painless brazilian wax by Galina were great. I personally would reccomend De Novo to anybody looking to relax and enjoy themselves. I give it two thumbs up.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member