“Consistently great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metamorphosis Day Spa

Metamorphosis Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Step off the face of the earth and into your own little piece of heaven at Metamorphosis Day Spa located in New York City, a celestially-inspired sanctuary located in the heart of Manhattan.
“Consistently great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Metamorphosis for facials for years. They are extremely professional and I always get the best treatment! I really love this place. Highly recommend.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Midtown ladies best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing facials and massage, talented staff, super comfy and relaxing. You must visit this spa if touring manhattan, only the locals know about it.

New Orleans, Louisiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good Place to Recharge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I decided to stop by for a full body massage one day because I was having a stressful period leading up to a big exam. The staff was super friendly and the masseuse was very professional. The whole experience was very relaxing and I'm planning to go back. I'd say this place is great for an out of towner whose is feeling overwhelmed and wants a quick recharge.

Visited May 2014
“One of my best facials ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

So I have very problematic skin and I've always had it. It's to the point where I don't feel comfortable leaving the house without foundation. My skin issues have made me hesitant to get facials because I generally don't like other people that close/touching my face. I've had facials before and didn't feel comfortable with the esthetician.

Here, my esthetician, Marcy was very professional, listened to my concerns, and most of all, made me feel comfortable. She walked me through what she was doing each step of the way and suggested treatments for me (which I think I'm going to go back and get). She had lots of suggestions and alternative methods to addressing my issues; and she seemed to know exactly what she was doing. I'm definitely going back for the microdermabrasion facial, which is what I had. I will also probably try the peels which she suggested. Not only was this the best facial I've probably had, I felt like I was one of her regular customers and she knew my skin. Marcy inspired me to start seeking treatment for my skin again.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great facial!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Loved my complimentary 60-min Microdermabrasion Facial (facial cost $125, did not include tip) at Metamorphosis Day Spa!

If you're a first-timer for a Microdermabrasion Facial, here are helpful tips that I learnt while getting my facial:
* Microdermabrasion facial helps with: Acne Scarring, Oily or Dull Skin, Enlarged Pores, Clogged Pores, Fine Lines, and Sun Damage. A total of about 4-7 sessions 2 weeks apart would show dramatic results.
* The ~10 min treatment process of the suction + crystals might hurt just a teeny bit at times- imagine a rock sliding over your face. After the treatment your face is treated with steam and a myriad of hydration creams and masks to ensure regeneration of skin cells.
* Not recommended to work out or wear facial makeup for the remainder of the day since your pores could clog and break out.
* Can't wash your face with water that night- use only moisturizer or non-water based facial cleanser

Pros:
* Metamorphosis offers a plethora of services that you can view on their site: metspa.com
* Great service. I waited less than 2 minutes before I was taken to a room for my facial.
* My facial was very good- and is why I gave Metamorphosis 4 stars. My specialist, Mamita, was so professional, friendly, and sweet. She was attentive and made sure I was comfortable throughout my treatment. I liked that while my masks/lotions took effect, my hands/feet were being conditioned and I received a neck + back massage. She had a relaxing, light touch that was very calming. Mamita even zapped my scab to kill all bacteria to facilitate healing. After she was done, my face was incredibly soft, smooth and fragrant. I could tell the pores on my nose were smaller!! I am so tempted to come back for repeat sessions to keep shrinking them down!
* Adjustable massage tables with adjustable backrest and knee elevator that maximized my comfort
* Heated Japanese toilet!

Cons:
* Metamorphosis Day Spa is located on the 5th floor of an ordinary-looking building. The place is a bit hard to find- just remember to look for 127 56th Street closer to Lexington on the north side. Would be helpful if they added a noticeable sign on side of building or on the street.
* The decor (as well as overall branding + website) could use a makeover, as it's too modest & inconsistent. Since the prices of services are on the high end (facials at least $120!), the decor should also be up to par.

Minor suggestions:
* Should leave light on reading room a bit brighter, hard to read magazines while waiting.
* It's a nice touch to receive a confirmation call, but I got it 15 min before my afternoon appointment- better to get it about a day or morning call.

Thank you for a wonderful facial Mamita!

Visited April 2014