“Overpriced, tiny, and somewhat noisy place to crash for students.”
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Solita Soho Hotel
Ranked #374 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Room is for no more than two people since beds are full sized. Few days before n during our stay main hotel phone did not work. Ok place to sleep as beds were comfortable. Staff unfriendly. Would not stay again unless broke.

• Stayed: August 2013
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I am very sorry that your stay did not meet all expectations. I have shared this review with the staff and we will use it as training in order to continuall provide the best experience we can for our guests. I am dissapointed that we fell short of your expectations during your stay wish us. We do hope you return to give us another chance to show you how we normally operate and that most of our guests are delighted with our staff and service. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and again we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Andrew Brogodn

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel is a very good place to stay. Right in the heart of SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown. It's close to the subway as well! The staff made our stay even better. They were SO much help to us in directing us which subway to take or recommendations for dinner! Anytime we needed something in our room the staff ran it up! I would stay here again because of them. The rooms are very updated, modern and clean. They are tiny, but that's New York City. I haven't ever stayed in a big roomed hotel in the City. Very reasonably priced for NYC!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

The staff and I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind review, we are always delighted when our efforts are recognized. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a nice experience at our hotel. The staff and I try hard each and every day to provide the best possible service we can and are always happy when guests give us valueable positive feedback. I hope you return to stay with us in the future and thanks again for the kind review.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and two friends of ours recently stayed here. I have to admit after reading the reviews about the rooms being so tiny and noisy I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was a little snug especially for 4 people to one room but we made it work. After all, we were only there to sleep! The finishes were updated nicely and you can tell they put a lot of money into renovating. Beds were comfy and clean. Overall I rate our experience a 10! Staff was friendly and courteous. Location was cool as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind review, the staff and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thanks for recognizing their service. We strive each day to provide the best possible experience for each guest and are always glad when it is recognized. We look forward to having you as a return guest and thanks again for the kind words!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last week. Friendly staff, very clean. Great location if you want a bit of the non touristed NYC, as it is at the edge of Chinatown, Little Italy, and Soho. Close to Subway. Good Banh Mi at Paris bakery ( Mott. St.) nearby. Clean, tiny hotel, rooms very small, but good value. Extra towels were no problem and high end soap, shampoo provided. Low on amenities, but high on value, I would stay here again. Good breakfast across street.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank darkwatersimilkameen

Good day and thank you kindly for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that your stay was positive and that you found the location and atmosphere of the neighborhood to your liking. We always enjoy positive feedback from guests stays. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at the solita soho hotel for 4 nights at the start of July.
Being our first time in NYC we had a full on schedule so all we did needed was a room to lay our heads at night. The solita was perfect for this and probably not much more. The room was small and the aircon was noisy ( there was alot of street noise which we discovered the window had a gap) but It was clean with a modern decor. The location was great with the cool hip area of soho, china town, little Italy and Greenwich village all close by. There was a endless choice of bars, diners, restaurants all close by. The landmark diner across the road was perfect for breakfast at a very reasonable price. One block away was a laundry to drop your washing off for a reasonable price. Two blocks away was a convenience store for snacks and drinks.
The free wifi was great, easy to use and the quickest we experienced while we were away. The staff were friendly and helpful when needed.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Good day and thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us! I know you had many choices for lodging in NYC and I am happy you chose to stay at the Solita. Our location is one of the many great things about the hotel. I do apologize that your AC unit was a little noisy. Since your review we have been able to take care of that along with the window. I do apologize that those issues were not fixed during your stay. I am glad that everything else suited your needs and I do hope you return in the future as our guest! Thanks again for the review and we look forward to having you back. Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

As reviewed by other Tripadvisors this hotel is good for the price it charges. The rooms are small, really small (we were with 4). But you have to remember that you're not in NYC to stay in your room. It's a place go sleep. And that's just what we used it for.
The room was clean and kept clean every day. Towels were renewed. Staff friendly and helpfull. The called a cab (friend of the owner I think) and offered a flat fare. I could agree or not, it didn't matter to them, they would have gladly called a yellow cab.

The good thing of the hotel is that it's located close to Grand Street and Canal Street subway stations. This allows you to almost go to all top tourist attractions without or with one transfer. We found it very convenient. Spend 5 days and bought a 7-day unlimited subway pass and that worked out just fine.

Would stay here again and 'forgive' the small room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us and submit a nice review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear that your experience with us was positive all around despite the room size. Providing clean comfortable accomodations with personal service is what we strive to provide each day for every guest. I am glad we were able to succeed during your stay. I do hope that upon your return to NYC you stay with us again. Thanks again for the great reivew and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013