“Shocking experience”
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Solita Soho Hotel
Ranked #370 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

If you are hoping to stay at the Solita with more than 2 people I would not recommend it. The rooms are tiny and the described double beds are not double at all. There is almost no space to move and the rooms are not of average size in NYC as compared to various other rooms I have stayed in in NYC. The staff were very rarely willing to help and acted like it was a chore when help was acquired. The room is overpriced for what it is. Save your money on this one.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Lly33
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hello and thank for you sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am also disappointed that the service you received seemed cold. In most cases we pride ourselves on our ability to provide top notch service as indicated by most of our other reviews. I apologize that we fell short on this aspect during your stay. Our rooms although a bit on the small side do seem to accommodate most guests. But I do understand they are not suited to everyone’s needs. I hope you do return and give us another chance in the future to provide you with a typical experience. Thanks again for reviewing our hotel and have a great day!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I can't rate the quality of the hotel, since we never got to stay in it. My husband and I live in Bergen County, NJ, very close to Manhattan. Every year for my birthday we spend a night in a Manhattan hotel so we can have a nice dinner, see a play, get up the next morning and walk around the city looking at all the Christmas displays, all without having to drive or spend a lot on public transportation. We made a reservation at the Solita because of its location. The reservation was made more than a week before our trip and was prepaid through American Express. When we arrived there we were told that they didn't have a room for us, but they could put us up at a Sheraton in Brooklyn. We asked if they could find us anything else in Manhattan, but they said no. It would take us longer to get to Brooklyn than to our home, so we just cancelled. We ended up going home after the show, instead of stopping a a club like we planned since we didn't want to drink and drive. The next morning we didn't want to drive in during rush hour so we could have our planned brunch, so we just punted. The hotel had our contact information - couldn't they have let us know that the were booked earlier so we could have made other arrangements?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jupisano

Good day and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we could not accommodate you on the night of your stay, and especially on your birthday! Due to circumstances beyond our control we did not have a room available at the time of your arrival. We tried our best to relocate the reservation in Manhattan but unfortunately there was nothing available at the time. In the very rare instance that we do have to relocate reservations we always try to contact the guest before hand to inform them. Unfortunately with pre paid reservations we are not given any guest contact information so it makes it very difficult. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future as our location is very ideal and our service is also very attentive and personal. Again, I sincerely apologize! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and have a great day!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Check in was quick, very friendly.
Room was spacious by NY standards. In room Iron/Board great idea. Bed very comfy, great sleep. Room is a good 3 star standard.
Desk staff always friendly. The best feature of the entire stay was the shower. The best shower head I have come across in a long time, didn't want to get out of it. Canal street subway 2 blocks away as is China town, Little Italy therefore super location.

Join the loyalty program to get even better rates.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Good day and thank your sharing your experience with us. I am glad the hotel met your expectations. The showers are one of our most popular features as they are superior in comparison to the standard hotel shower. I always share guest reviews with the entire staff, especially the ones that recognize their service and commitment to the guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for the nice review!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This little Hotel is a few steps from Broadway in Soho. Rooms are fresh and clean. We stayed two adults and two teens in a room with 2 doubble beds, no space for a extrabed but it was OK.
When your're in NYC you don't spend much time in the room so it's not a big deal that they are quite small. Staff were nice.
There is a lot f nice, not too fancy, restaurants in this area.
Maybe the location is a little far from Times Square and Central Park.
But It's easy to catch the Metro from Canal Sreet.

Room Tip: We stayed at the top floor with a very nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for choosing to review our hotel! I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay and glad you found the location of our property ideal for the travels in the city. We look forward to having you back in future and thanks again for the review. Guest feedback is very important and we greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Not having visited NYC before I was unsure of what to expect but this was a pleasant surprise. Although the rooms were small they were adequate. Beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom had a bath as well as a very efficient shower. Staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly. Location was very convenient for restaurants and subways. Only downside was the noise. This is to be expected in such a location but the badly fitting window could have had a smear of Mastik around it to reduce the street noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan L
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and that our location was beneficial. I share each and every guest review with the entire staff as it is by far the best tool for measuring our ability to provide a consistent experience for each guest. Thank you for recognizing the staff and the service you received. I hope you return to stay with us again here at the Solita. Have a great day and thanks for the kind review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

At first I was surprised at how small the room was, but then I realized - it's NEW YORK CITY! Of course the room isn't very spacious. Plus, I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room anyway. The beds were super comfortable. I had a great night's sleep every night.

Location is great too. Just a couple blocks from the subway and so close to both Little Italy and Chinatown.

The staff was nice from the front desk to housekeeping. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CYW33

Good day and thank you for choosing to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the location and hotel met your expectations. The staff and I would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts to provide the excellent service. We strive each day to provide the best personal service possible to each guest. We always appreciate when that is recognized. I hope you return to stay with us in the future and thanks again for the kind review.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my first - but not my last- experience with European style hotel in NY. Very quiet room. Beautiful,minimalist room- maybe 2' space around queen ultra comfy bed. Best part was deciding where to walk to- little Italy, Chinatown , SOHO all starting within 1 block. A walkers/ eaters paradise. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Shastei51
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Good day and thank you for the kind review of our hotel. The location is one of the best things about the property and its proximity and easy access to many things to do in the city. I do hope you return to stay with us in the future as we pride ourselves on service and ensuring each guest has the best experience possible in all aspects of the stay. Thanks again for the nice review and we look forward to seeing you again!