Solita Soho Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$189
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrooms are smallgreat locationdouble showernew yorktwo blockslower manhattanaround the cornerwithin walking distancegreenwich villagebeds were very comfortablestreet noisebrooklyn bridgemini fridgehotel roomsubwayfloornyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed one night this past winter, which just happened to be one of the coldest winters on record. When I showed up, the room was ready, but the heat was off. I was freezing and just wanted to warm up before heading out for the night. Didn't work out that way, it was way too cold in the room, so I turned on the heat and left to hang out at a bar until it was time for me to meet my friends for our night out.

The room was warm when I got back 8 hours later, not sure how long it took to get warm. On the plus side, the room was very clean and the bathroom was fully equipped. The room was tiny. It's fine for one person and one night, but I cannot see staying there for a long period of time, or with another person.

If you can get a cheap rate (through AAA or the like) it might be worth it. The neighborhood is great (Ferrara's Bakery is down the block), but the block the hotel is on is a bit secluded and I spotted some shady characters hanging outside late at night. Bottom line, in a pinch it's not a bad place.

Room Tip: check out the entire hotel collection at ascendcollection.com. They have an app as well.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Good morning,

I just wanted to thank you for your feedback. I am the new GM of the hotel since January. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay, especially in a tough winter. Sorry about the shady people on the block. This is one of the safest neighborhoods in NYC. Unfortunately you can’t control who decides to wander around late at night, However I can promise you it is a rare occasion. I hope to see you soon.

General Manager,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Over the past four years, we've stayed at Solita Soho five times. Each time we enjoy the Soho location, the Landmark diner for breakfast, the Grand Street street scene, and the nearby Canal Street subway station.

This is a good value hotel that doesn't try to be super trendy. Simple, quiet, clean, and the responsive staff when you need them. We always look forward to returning to Solita Soho. The rooms are small but that is normal for NYC!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Don H
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Good morning,
Thank you so much for writing such nice things about us. We are always thrilled when we hear a guest had a great stay, especially a loyal one as yourself. I wanted to thank you for your business over the years. Hopefully we see you soon, and as always call me first before doing anything. I will make sure you have a great time and get everything you need. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Floor tiles felt like razor blades on our bare feet we had to wear our shoes the whole time. We called front desk for a few paper plates and she said she would call back and never did We called the front desk second night for an extra desk chair and same response as above We asked the maid for lotion and she said no because she did not understand/ talk english. Sheesh The room is too small for the prices you charge even with the booking.com discount and the awesome location.

Room Tip: Bring slippers and a cushion to sit on the floor if there are more than 1 of you : /
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

I first off wanted to thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry about the confusion. I have no idea why they wouldn’t give you paper plates or an extra chair. You got my word that I will find out what happen. Our staff always goes above and beyond for all our guests. Which is why I find it confusing. Either way please accept our apology. Hopefully you can return to the hotel. If you do please call me first, I will personally make sure you have a great time and get a great rate. I hope you have a wonderful day and also hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

we had a reservation at another hotel which was absolutely horrible, we called Solita and they gave me a room for 5 nights, no issues at all, when we fled the other hotel at 7 in the am we figured we would have to hold our bags until late afternoon, but oh no, the front desk said, i have a room for you right now. it was such a pleasant experience. the ladies on the front desk are amazing, accommodating, informative and kind. the room had beautiful clean white linens, flat screen TV, very clean bathroom with lovely towels. the rooms are small but it worked perfectly for us with 2 people and 2 beds. we are hardly in our room anyway, so it did not matter about the size.

Room Tip: there was access to a gym around the corner for $10 a day, there was no pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Good morning,

First off I wanted to thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about us. We are always thrilled to hear when a guest has a great time, as this is one of our goals. I will let my front desk staff know what you said as well. I am sorry about your stay in another hotel, but we are extremely glad you found us. Hopefully you can return soon. Please give me a call before you do, I will make sure we take excellent care of you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 13. The hotel itself was lovely and clean, small and compact. I have seen other reviews complaing regarding the size of the rooms. Its NYC are you going to be spending most of your time in the room?! NO!! Our room had two queen beds in it and was snug. We had a tv and a desk. The bathroom was of a good size with a good shower and bath. The beds were AMAZING! So soft and comfy. The bedding was of good quality. The view we had from our window was lovely - we could see the empire state building! Considering we were down in little italy. A cab ride to grand central/Macys only cost $8 on average. The staff at the hotel on the front desk were hit and miss. Either very knowledgeable and eager to please or struggled to perform basic tasks (we waited over half an hour for an invoice to be printed then gave up). There is no onsite restaurant but your in NYC!! Do you need to use the hotel restaurant?! Bars, restaurants are on every corner. Opposite the hotel was a cafe which served lovely pancakes for brekkie. I really would recommend this hotel, clean, friendly and in a great position. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hemmett86
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Good morning,

I first off wanted to thank you for writing such nice things about us. Customer feedback is extremely important for us, as we are always looking to improve in every way. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Also before you do return, please give me a call directly first. I will make sure we take excellent care of you. Hope to see you soon and have a wonderful day!