“Real New York Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Brisbane, Australia
“Real New York Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Service and food were excellent - but it was the New York atmosphere that grabbed me. The music, the pace and the overall ambiance made me feel I was truely in New York!

Visited May 2013

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

service was very good the menu is limited but the service makes up for it. Quality of food was very good.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Lechiffre1
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pancakes that are spectacular - albeit a touch expensive. Beautiful veranda room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Elegant - have high tea...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2007

Elegant - have high tea in the rotunda!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Jackson, NJ
“Poor service, lackluster food, tourist trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2005

Recently had a late lunch here in the Rotunda Room. I had decided to have a meal here based on some recommendations in travel guides. I was disappointed.

First off, the Rotunda Room decor - the frescoes look like they were painted by a high school student. I suspect that they have been touched up over the years and looked like someone doing a paint by number.

Secondly, the service was slow and inattentive. Every time we wanted or needed something we had to flag someone down to help us.

Last but not least, the food was not very good and was VERY SLOW to arrive. I ordered a hamburger which arrived nearly raw inside (I ordered medium) and my husband's salad with lobster had several unappetizing pieces that looked like they had not been thoroughly cleaned.

On the plus side we were not charged for the hamburger.

The meal was pretty expensive and not worth the $$ at all. I am a frequent visitor to NYC for business and pleasure and I think it was one of the poorest meals I've ever had. This is a tourist trap.

3 Thank spiffdeb