“Poor service, lackluster food, tourist trap”
Review of Cafe Pierre

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Jackson, NJ
“Poor service, lackluster food, tourist trap”
Reviewed 10 July 2005

Recently had a late lunch here in the Rotunda Room. I had decided to have a meal here based on some recommendations in travel guides. I was disappointed.

First off, the Rotunda Room decor - the frescoes look like they were painted by a high school student. I suspect that they have been touched up over the years and looked like someone doing a paint by number.

Secondly, the service was slow and inattentive. Every time we wanted or needed something we had to flag someone down to help us.

Last but not least, the food was not very good and was VERY SLOW to arrive. I ordered a hamburger which arrived nearly raw inside (I ordered medium) and my husband's salad with lobster had several unappetizing pieces that looked like they had not been thoroughly cleaned.

On the plus side we were not charged for the hamburger.

The meal was pretty expensive and not worth the $$ at all. I am a frequent visitor to NYC for business and pleasure and I think it was one of the poorest meals I've ever had. This is a tourist trap.

3 Thank spiffdeb

Boca Raton, FL
“Cafe Pierre est tres cher!”
Reviewed 17 March 2005

Cafe Pierre is an all time fave of mine for brunch but their dinners are lovely as well but extremely pricy. Top notch cuisine & classy service make this one a winner!

5 Thank LittleQueenie