“A diner atmosphere and proud of it”
Review of Silver Spurs Restaurant - CLOSED

Silver Spurs Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

One of the last good coffee shops/diner in the area. Friendly staff, good menu selection, fine egg breakfast, fair prices, and those lovely refills of coffee (that other places now charge you for) where they don't rush you out. I only hope it stays this way and doesn't get too chic. A medium priced establishment that offers good food. This is becoming a rarity in the city. Get it before it's gone the way of "Joe Juniors" on 6th Ave.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went here with my brother before a show. I had a burger "junior" size which in Europe would be full size, my brother's "light" chicken dish was also substantial. Small but good beer selection. Service could have been quicker given we ordered nothing complicated. Only one toilet - that was basic but clean.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We popped into SIlver Spurs wanting a quick pit stop for food before heading out for the evening. The food was great, the sliders we ordered were much bigger than expected and tasted delicious.....however the service was rather slow. Would recommend visiting here for the food as what we had was very good, and the menu looked large and varied. Other diners were having burgers which looked tasty. But if you're in a rush avoid.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Anywhere else this would be considered a "diner". In NYC, its a full service restaurant.

Family owned with an extensive menu, the food is good, the service friendly and the prices OK (by NYC standards). The decor, if you care, is nouveau industrial. Just up the street from NYU its a popular spot with students and locals.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have been here 4 years ago first and I had the Appaloosa Burger with steak fries which was one of the best burgers I had had. The second time, a few weeks ago, I had some Buffalo Burger which was not nearly as stunning.
Service is good. The server girl was beautiful and really nice at the beginning. For some reason, by the time she was bringing our drinks, she had a rather bored look on her face, which was a little disappointing.
Reasonable prices.