“Great little hotel small but perfectly formed!”
Review of The Marlton Hotel

The Marlton Hotel
Ranked #114 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely hotel - beautifully decorated and very well located near Soho and the Village and easy stroll to Meatpackers district and the High Line. Be prepared - the rooms are tiny! But very well arranged so you miss for nothing except space. Restaurant and bar are terrific. The whole vibe is like a small boutique Parisian hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LisaBeeSydney

Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! Special in every way. White glove service at every turn. The building is magnificently renovated! Someone very clever designed the interior spaces maintaining the beauty of the past, but mixing it up with nouvelle touches.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janney8
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Originally I booked this based on a crazy good price. And also knowing it was from Sean MacPherson of the Bowery hotel I figured it was definitely worth a try.For me , it is quite different than my usual trendy contemporary choices. This is like stepping back in time, but in a very good way! Even being in the village was a bit of a throwback to me since I hadn't been here lately and forgot how great it was.
Refurbished to its original beauty with modern touches, like great lighting and a really good shower.The lobby bar with a fireplace and bar service is extremely inviting and the restaurant is very good. This is my second stay. The first was in January .The back patio is something that I didn't see the first time but really adds to the whole. European feel. They even have breakfast included like the small European hotels.And big key chains which I didn't realize that you could leave at the front desk (another Euro touch).But as old world as it seems, it actually is the new trend ! Add in the really good pleasant staff and you have one of the most comfortable stays in New York.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank michaelmoda
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A small classy European-style hotel. We've certainly have had hotel rooms that were much larger, but the character (and the location near Washington Square in Greenwich Village) this hotel has was way worth the small rooms. Our room was just large enough for the bed, we kept our suitcase under the bed. The bathroom was a decent size in comparison to the room, there was room to move around and the roomy shower was nice. There was also a closet which contained an iron and ironing board, a safe, refrigerator and snacks. The room contained a nice bonus of robe and slippers to wear while there. Also, we were thankful for the umbrella provided in the room, we did use it. The hallways are narrow, but there was a door between the elevator and the hall which cut down on noise. Being the closest room to the elevator, our room was still very quite. We heard very little hall noise and no outside noise (cars, trucks, sirens etc.). The lobby had a sitting area with couches and chairs where you could get coffee. There was also a bar and very nice restaurant on the ground level. Our room also came with a continental breakfast which was a nice surprise. The door man was helpful in securing a taxi when needed, even if we had to go to 5th Avenue to get it. Everyone was very nice and helpul.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheri-inAcworth
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed solo at the Marlton for four nights in July. I enjoyed my stay so much that I will not hesitate to book again for my next trip to New York. Reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I was bracing myself for a squeeze into a tiny room. While the room was certainly New York Compact, I was actually pleasantly surprised by the size and amenity of my south facing room on the fifth floor. Had I not been travelling solo, I might have had a different take on the room size (storage space is very limited) but as it was I was as happy as a clam.

I loved the location and I felt like I was coming home to a welcoming residence every night. The bed was super-comfortable and just about the perfect place to spend a rainy Sunday night "at home". Attention to detail in the renovated bathrooms was another delightful feature. The public areas on the ground floor didn't feel at all pretentious or try-hard and were perfect for rendezvousing with friends and added to the residential, clubby feel of the place. Staff were helpful and friendly to a person, although one or two were a little salty and aloof. One negative: you can hear the goings-on in the compact corridors quite clearly from inside your room. If someone is banging on the door of the room next to yours and trying to rouse the sleeping occupant ("Morty, we're going to leave without you!"), you will know all about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing West 8th Street on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pablomoderno
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We enjoyed our 4 night stay at The Marlton. The rooms are cozy, quiet and well appointed. We spent most of our time exploring the city so the size was fine for the two of us. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant - free continental breakfast was limited in choice, but enough to get us going each morning. Location is close to subway and there are also eating and shopping establishments near by. Staff was friendly. Would stay again if in the NYC area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mom4boys6
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in July 2014 and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere, attention to detail in the rooms and the staff were all spot on as is the location. There is not a single thing I can think of to improve it. The lobby area is inviting full of comfy chairs, low lighting and a fireplace which must make it a haven in winter. The rooms lack nothing.. We hated leaving.

Stayed: July 2014