I stayed here for 4 nights from 13 Oct 2011. The only dislike I have of the place is the space. The room was very small. However, knowing that this is New York City, I cannot complain. The lift is very very slow. Waiting for the lift can take ages.
The room even though is small, is actually very comfortable. We have problem to put our three large luggages though. Wardrobe space is also a constraint. The staff are very helpful and friendly too! There is free internet wireless. Good for us!
The free breakfast variety was one of the best I know! There are juices, hot beverages including chocolates too! The hot selection changes everyday with limited variety. There is also self-made fresh waffles. Fresh fruits everyday. Bread selection was also good. What's more, the hot beverages were available 24hours! The cafe ambience was very comfortable with enough seats for everyone! What's even better was, they provide breakfast on the go if you're rushed for time!
The location was really convenient. Within walking distance (a few blocks away) at different directions are three different subways (34th Street-Penn Station and Herald Sq) serving different lines. From JFK airport, take the Airtrain to Jamaica Station and change to E train will lead you directly to 34th Street-Penn Station.
Empire State Building, Macy's at Herald Square, JC Penny are within walking distance. Jack's .99 world was just opposite which sells a lot of good stuffs and snacks! It's not a place to be missed!
I would strongly recommend this hotel to tourist. However, bear in mind the limited space. It was a little too small for the 3 of us, with our 3 large luggages. Having said that, I will still return to this place again if I go back to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just one block from Madison Square Garden, this newly refreshed, modern hotel provides a great location for travelers looking to be walking distance to some of Manhattan’s top attractions. Catch concerts and games at MSG or walk to The Fashion Institute of Technology and see the latest fashions in the Garment District. Guests can walk to Penn Station which serves many of the city’s major subway lines and be anywhere in the city within minutes including top destinations like Times Square, Central Park and Broadway theatres. Guests will enjoy complimentary breakfast, high speed internet access, a modern fitness center and our well-equipped business center. After you’ve spent the day taking in the sights and sounds of the city, enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in a comfortable Hampton bed®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Madison Square Garden Hampton Inn
- New York City Hampton Inn