“Great front desk staff”

“Great front desk staff”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights April 17 - 19 and was pleasantly surprised
good location - good breakfast - free wifi
room was a little small but comfortable, clean, modern wih king bed
But the best part of our stay was the kind and friendly front desk staff, they were always there to greet you with a smile and ask how your day/ nite was and assist in any way they could, from arranging transportation to the airport and even walking a block to get a cab for us. THANKS

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Deat Valued Guest,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed you stay with us, especially our Team Members. We have been focusing on customer service and I am so pleased it is paying off. Great customer service is the difference between and good stay and a great stay, so thank you for your kind remarks.

I hope that you will stay with us again.

Hunter Angus D. Glass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
County Tyrone, NI
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Having just spent six days sightseeing and shopping in NYC I now realise how well located this hotel is. The staff are very willing to please and a great variety of food at breakfast is available to give you a great start to your day. (free cookies at reception and coffee are also very enjoyable) Yes, the room was small but I didn't go to NYC to sit in the room; I had a clean, very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, hot shower, and the staff did their best to tidy around us.

Room Tip: The lift to the room can be slow when lots of people are using it so ask for a room on a lower level...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very pleased that you liked our selection of new items on the breakfast buffet, as well as our clean, comfortable, central location.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip to the states. The hotel provided a great location to see all the sights with a very enjoyable walk all the way up 5th avenue to Central Park. All the staff were extremely helpful, especially Hunter the Manager who did everything from providing travel tips to cleaning tables. The breakfast was fantastic for such a trip and the staff could not have been more helpful in providing in depth insight as to the food being served in relation to our sons nut allergy, only peanut butter excluded! Front desk organised a great driver to take us to JFK. Only issue were the slow lifts - still we were only on the 3rd floor and the exercise did us good. We will certainly go back!

Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review about your stay at our hotel! I especially like the part about the wonderful manager, oh wait, that's me! Haha! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope that when you return to New York that you will choose to stay with us again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I actually stayed at this hotel because the manager has worked at another property I stayed at and I know his quality levels. Although his location has changed his staff and the attention to detail are still the same. When you walk in and the desk staff ask what you did or how your night was its genuine. The area is safe with Macys and Herald Square .. any shoppers dream close by. The breakfast is hopping but anything that is free in NYC typically is. The beds are beyond dreamy. If I wasn't in NYC with a packed schedule I could have stayed there ALL day and night. For the price you pay the value is unmatched... Hilton made a wise decision to expand here and with this crew. Im already looking at booking to go back ... in 2 months ... which wasnt in the original plans.. its just that good that it is worth it

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Wow! what can I say, I'm blushing! Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Team, and liked this location. It is very central to almost everything in Midtown and has easy transportation to everything else!

Thank you for this wonderful review, and I hope that you stay with us again when you return to New York!

Hunter Agnsu D. Glass
New Zealand
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Good location, hotel room a bit on the small side and a bit stuffy (the air con didn't seem to be working) but clean and tidy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writting this review of our hotel. I am sorry that you found our elevators to be slow. I have in fact just recently asked our elevator company if they could speed them up, so I am crossing my fingers. I'm pleased that you like our staff and our location, and I hope you will stay with us when you return to New York.

Escondido, California
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a newish Hampton Inn a block from Madison Square Garden, two blocks from Macy's Flagship store and three blocks from the Empire State Building. As it is NYC, expect small bedrooms and small bathrooms (our king room had only a shower- double doubles had a tub/shower combo). So small that they don't offer cots, there literally isn't any room for one. The hotel has less than 150 rooms over 19 floors, seems like 8 rooms per floor. Nevertheless, there are only 2 elevators to service guests and staff-- expect long waits for elevators. Thankfully, we were on the 6th floor and used the stairs to go downstairs to the lobby (not possible to go up from the lobby as the stairwell dumps you outside the building). The hotel was packed when we were there- the small lobby, breakfast room, everywhere. There are two subway stations about a 5 minute walk in different directions. Staff was courteous, especially the guy who checked us in, Matthew. Although Herald Sq. and the ESB are close the hotel doesn't have views of them that I could discern. Unlike other hotels in NYC, the HI-MSG is on a quiet street. Another plus is the mammoth Cafe R deli directly across the street and Jack's 99cent store. You could do worse than the HI-MSG. We looked for a long time to find an decent midtownish Manhattan hotel under $250 a night- the HI-MSG fit the bill.

Room Tip: low floor unless you want to wait forever for an elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SterlingGuy
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be a good value. I hope that you will stay with us when your plans bring you back to New York.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed on a Monday. More positives than negatives.

The good:
- King size bed room was large (for NYC) and clean.
- Bed was comfortable
- Bathroom was nice, new and also large (for NYC).
- Free breakfast (which we did not get up early enough to enjoy, but, hey, it's free)
- Close to 1,2,3 and B, D, F, M lines

The bad:
- Tried to check in at 2:45 but the room wasn't ready until after 3:00. I thought that was kind of weird
- Woken up by loud cleaning staff talking in the hall at about 10 am (I know it was not terrible early, but would it kill you to keep it down when you're chit chatting in the morning?)
- Not the best neighborhood. It's close to MSG and the subway so that's good but there really isn't much in the garment district unless you want to buy handbags.

Room Tip: Get a front room. Back facing rooms have a view of empty lot.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay at our hotel. I agree, we are very close to most of the major subways and trains in New York as well as walking distance to all of the Midtown sights. I'm sorry that you had to wait 15 minutes to get checked in, we do tend to get quite a few ealy check-ins and are more than happy to get people in their rooms as soon as possible so they can start their vactions.

I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and I hope that you choose to stay with us when you return to New York.