Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
SmithHotels.com
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
2,079 results
All reviewspenn stationgreat locationnew yorkfree breakfastwarm cookiesrooms are smallthe breakfast areayogurtthe empire state buildingfront desk stafftwo double bedswould definitely stay here againclean hotelaround the cornerwould highly recommend this hotelfew blocksnyc hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Surprisingly large room for the price in Manhattan (we had the standard king). I am definitely making it my new go-to hotel when I'm visiting the city. Quick subway access and it's out of the intense hustle and bustle of Times Square. In my experience, NYC hotel rooms can be cramped and lobbies/elevators can be overwhelmed quickly. It was the exact opposite at this hotel. Also, FREE WIFI!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay, and I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice and will return. It's a basic hotel, the usual small NYC rooms and typical Hilton free breakfast. There are a couple of computers with printers in the lobby for short-time use. Our room was very clean and when I ran into the cleaning/repair staff, they were very polite and happy to help with a burned out lightbulb on the spot. We had a nice, big flat screen tv. No street noise. I repeat. No street noise. I was amazed, having stayed at other hotels nearby. I guess this one is just far enough away from Penn Station/MSG. We were able to hear another family's disabled child a few times. Thin walls as regards interior noise. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. They will keep your luggage if you arrive too early for a room or need to stay past check out. Tip your staff!
Starbucks and an independent coffee shop 1/2 block away. Not a fancy street, but convenient to everything midtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3Natsfans
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you choose to stay with us when you return to New York.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Madison Square Gardens just before Christmas. We paid $160 per night which we were rapt with. Our experience at the hotel was exceptional given the price for the time of year. We both stay in hotels frequently and have high expectations, which were met on our stay there. The room was clean and comfortable, including the bed. The location is great for accessing the city - Penn Station is about 3 minutes walk away (closer than it looks on maps due to the station's massive size). It's not the most stunning of New York in terms of what's around it, but it was perfectly safe and there were shops and cafes in close proximity. The staff were really lovely and helpful throughout our stay. Only complaint was the heating which was extreme - either too cold or too hot, there was no way to make it warm! But would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about the heating and see if the problem I reported is standard or an anomaly as it can affect your sleep if your body is particularly about the temperature it sleeps at!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randz111

Reviewed 7 January 2013

The Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden is comparable to other Manhattan hotels in size, but stands out in every other way. I travel to NYC many times a year but this was my first time at this hotel. The service was impeccable, staff were friendly and helpful. I was there with 25 teenagers on an organized trip and everyone were very helpful and supportive.

The back area of the lobby where the morning breakfast was served always had fresh coffee and tea. The breakfast area was kept clean and refilled when things were empty. The hotel lobby also had fresh made cookies in the lobby every afternoon... this made coming back from an afternoon of walking in the city so much better.

To summarized this place is close to everything, has great staff and good food.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I took the family to NYC the week before Christmas and got a great rate on two rooms for our stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was perfect each morning. The hotel location is central to everything and just a few steps from Penn Station. Perfect trip! Thanks Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden; our family loved our visit to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you chhose to stay with us when your return to New York.