“Excellent location and great service”

Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area
Ranked #160 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Excellent location and great service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden at the end of July with my wife and three kids. The hotel service was excellent and front desk staff were so friendly. The hotel was so crowded during the breakfast and the room was a little small, which is usual for a hotel in the New York downtown. I paid $ 30 for an overnight parking. I will definitely come back again.

1 Thank Adnanfay
Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is great that you received great service from our staff. It is common every now and then to have a bit of breakfast traffic from time to time, I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused.Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very convenient from Amtrak station, just 1 block away. Front desk staff was courteous and kind. The rooms were clean and comfortable, bigger than what I expected from a NYC hotel room. Hotel includes free hot breakfast in the morning, which was great. Plenty of quick bites and restuarants nearby to select for lunch and dinner. 2 blocks from subway station and in the heart of 34th Street/Hearld Square, including Macy's, mall, shops and the Empire State Building. Less than 10 blocks from Times Square. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great Hotel to select if you're traveling in to NYC from Amtrak (Penn Station), which is just a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you choose to stay with us again upon your return.
Saint Petersburg
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Be cautious of parking. Was told I could park my vehicle with trailer in tow for $49 per day and that was not quite true. If you park at their designated parking garages you get parking validation. Their garages were full and I ended up at a different garage to the tune of $258 for 3 days. Other than parking, it was a great hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you had to pay an outrageous amount to to park. We try our best make it clear for any guests inquiring to park with us the location and the rate. I hope that when you return and if you drive; you get assistance from one of our staff members. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in New York. The staff was amazing, they were helpful and friendly. The complimentary hot breakfast was great and it was different everyday. The rooms are smaller in New York but very clean. We would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future. Thank you!
New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

When I checked in the rooms are extremely small. I was on vacation and awaken before 7 am to loud construction. I called down and spoke with David. He said he would move me to another room after twelve and it never happened. We had two rooms at this hotel. We had plans on getting up at 3:30 am to go to the Good Morning America show and could not sleep because at 11:30 pm the noise was worst. I paid over $2000.00 for three nights and could not sleep PERIOD here while I was on vacation. I could have stayed home for free if I didn't want rest. The people that gave this hotel a 5 star I hate to see where else you have stayed because this compare to a one star hotel. Never will stay here again even if it was for free.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank pcjcpn
Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable to you due to outside noise by the neighboring construction. We have been working closely with our neighbor to minimize any inconvenience caused to our guests. While we do not have any control over the noisy city, we do have control over maximizing our hospitality for your comfort.

The majority of our guests are seasoned travelers and have posted accurate reviews based on their experiences.

If you have any questions, please email me directly at kevin.catrambone@hilton.com.

Thank you for staying with us.

Be well,
Kevin
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, enjoying four nights with them. The hotel was nice rooms were really tight with two beds and four people. Great location! easy to walk to Times Square and the subway. Breakfast was ok, but to be honest we had been on the road for five weeks and so by the end we were getting pretty tired of hotel breakfasts. We had stayed at four other Hampton Inns prior to this stay. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Special Kudos to the General Manager with whom I spoke with about how to tip for parking in the garage next door and where to park at the Yankee game later that evening. Really nice guy.

Room Tip: As of July 2014 there is construction next door so I would go higher up to have less construction no...
1 Thank Familyman94
Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you talking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

this hampton inn had the best staff at the desk and in the breakfast room i have ever known. the helpfulness of the desk staff in helping us navigate the metro all over manhattan and brooklyn was outstanding--NO, REPEAT NO BUM STEERS. breakfast treated us as individuals and provided for our allergies.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time, it is much appreciated. Your comments about the staff are much appreciated and I will surely share this review with them as I know they will be thrilled. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you soon.