“What a way to spend your birthday!”

Beautiful - The Carole King Musical
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
US$93.75*
and up
Beautiful On Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Long before she was Carole King, chart-topping music legend, she was Carol Klein, Brooklyn girl with passion and chutzpah. She fought her way into the record business as a teenager and, by the time she reached her twenties, had the husband of her dreams and a flourishing career writing hits for the biggest acts in rock 'n' roll. But it wasn't until her personal life began to crack that she finally managed to find her true voice.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been a long time fan of Carole King and had the chance to see this show during a short visit to NYC that coincided with my birthday. The musical surprised me with the inclusion on lots of songs done by Weil and Mann, but that turned out to be well structured since they were good friends with King and Goffin. Casting was excellent and Jessie Mueller lived up to all the accolades, especially from the 2nd row. When it started, I was thinking, "I sure picked the wrong side for my seats; I can't see the piano keyboard." But the staging was cleverly done to face the piano various ways throughout the scenes. Bravo!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Did not know the story of Carol King so enjoyed this trip down memory lane. The girl playing Carol was sensational and sounded just like her. This is must see musical.

1  Thank Brightonchick_10
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is one of the best musicals we have ever seen. Jessie Mueller was clearly a deserving Tony winner. The music was great and the supporting cast was top notch. The first half flew by without me looking at my watch. It also gives insights into the evolution of music in the 60's from writing songs for groups to groups who wrote and performed and how that affected the people in the music business.

The Sondheim theater was very comfortable with great sight lines. I was in the last row of orchestra and had a great view. My wife appreciated the extra stalls in the ladies room and the efficiency of the workers at intermission. You don't have to be a Brooklynite like me to enjoy the show.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was not a big Carole King fan so I didn't know all of her songs but you don't need to in order to enjoy this show. My seats were in orchestra way in the back and off to the side but the staging was so good that it doesn't matter where you sit. Jesse Mueller was fantastic and the story of her early life was interesting enough as there were so many songs I didn't know she wrote with her husband.
I really enjoyed this and would recommend it to everyone who likes music from the 60's-70's era

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have seen it three times since January and each time a like it MORE!! A Beautiful show about one of the greatest talents of our time. This is a Bucket List Item! You will so enjoy the music and the story of the early part of this gifted woman's journey. How good of her to share her gifts with us! Peg E. Brookfield, CT