1,829 results
All reviews fifty nyc wine hour welcome home great location ess a bagel new york pillow menu second floor lounge junior suite complimentary wine small kitchen club room huge room resort fee nyc hotel two queen beds street noise
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Daughters and I were cruising out of New York on the Norwegian Breakaway and wanted a nice hotel convenient for shopping and dinner. I've stayed at the Affinia Dumont and was pleased so decided on the 50. We booked a junior suite and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It was very lovely, spacious and quiet and we were sorry we could only stay one night. This room has a balcony but is undergoing repair so it was not usable (might account for our free upgrade). We stopped by the happy hour and had a glass of wine and nibbles-nothing fancy but a nice gesture. We appreciated the coffee and free wifi in the club lounge. We walked to dinner, shopping and to the Belasco Theater. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The price was a little steep but it is New York and this was a last minute booking so some of our less expensive choices were not
available. Overall it was a great stay and I would highly recommend the 50.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night before leaving on a cruise. Was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. The room was very big and had a living room, dining room, and a separate kitchen as well as a big bedroom with 2 queen beds and a good sized bathroom. I especially enjoyed the lounge on the second floor with coffee and tea and the complimentary wine reception. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful! Great location! Would definitely stay there again!

2  Thank wishicouldgonow
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review from your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice when staying in NYC. It will be our pleasure to make your future stay another memorable one.

Best Regards,

Brian Gehlich

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at the Affinia 50 before and really appreciated the space in the room, which is certainly at a premium in NYC. We do like to book a Suite with Kitchenette as it affords us enough space for our family and separate sitting area if someone wants to sleep in. Unfortunately that didn't happen this time as there was construction on the terrace. Management was very quick to deal with the issue and offered us a discount on the room, but we would have appreciated knowing in advance. I'm sure the terrace will be great once complete, but would recommend booking a room away from the construction until then.
We book here as it is far enough away from Time Square to get away from the chaos, but still close enough to walk to dinner and shows. Close to the subway station. Delicious bakery and also fresh fruit stand and market close by.
We received free wifi as a promotion with our online booking, but did have some trouble with it. Paid wifi is available.

Room tip: Higher floors are further away from the street noise. Check that you are booking away from the construction until it is complete (they said later in 2015).
1  Thank Joanna L
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have stayed here three times on trips to New York and always enjoyed it. It is a small boutique hotel conveniently situated in midtown (3rd and 50th). The rooms are comfortable and you get a good night's sleep. The staff are very helpful. There is free wifi in the reception and business centre. The complimentary wine hour was an unexpected pleasure. Recommended.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel rooms are small and very lacking. 3 out of 4 hotel staff that my friends and I dealt with were extremely rude. Hotel rooms were also very close together and the walls were thin. The complimentary wine hour was also terrible. It was uninviting. The hallway on the floor I stayed seemed to need some renovations. The lobby was the only part of the hotel that looked updated.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yolanda Q
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. The goal of our team is to create memorable experiences for our guests who can now also enjoy our recent $19 million top-to-bottom redesign of all rooms and public areas. I am disappointed to hear that you didn’t thoroughly enjoy your stay and hope to have an opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. I invite you to contact me directly via Tripadvisor Messenger. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Warm regards,