Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
lanex
“great place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location, small rooms but well thought out so they seem larger. Marriott service always friendly, helpful and efficient. This is a combination Courtyard and Residence Inn located is what is now the tallest hotel in NYC

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 894robertj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a great place to stay. Hotel is new, rooms are small, as it would be expected in NYC, but very comfortable. I read reviews about the sheets. It is true that they feel a bit stiff and that they're noisy, but I don't think that should be a deal breaker. It would have bothered me if I had paid $400 for the room, perhaps. The issue we had was with the valet service. We arrived and there was no one to greet us. I had to leave the car unattended and go inside to the front desk to call a valet. After check out, it took them 40+ minutes to retrieve our car. We had to wait outside, sitting down on the benches they have there since inside the hotel lobby there's simply no place to sit. This was a warm summer morning and everyone was smoking next to us. Very inconvenient and unpleasant. I called customer service and reported my experience and I was offered a refund for the parking fee. I think the hotel took the correct action and I thanked them for their good customer service. It is my hope that they address the valet parking issue in the future. Otherwise, great place, fabulous location, couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: high floor
1 Thank kapharios
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the past weekend using Points. The hotel is a relatively new one. We were very impressed by the warmth of the reception when we arrived. The rooms were clean and adequately sized though for some reason our AC took very long to cool the room. The location is ideal for using the Subway or walking about. We did not try out the Bistro. The kicker was being charged 20 USD erroneously on checkout. We did inform the checkout clerk that it was an erroneous charge and instead of removing it she said she would look at the bills later and let us know. So I would ask guests to have a careful look at the bill on checkout in case there is a pattern of such errors. I fully intend to inform my CC company in a few days and have them reverse this ridiculous charge. It takes many employees to make a good impression and one employee to spoil it all.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
3 Thank pontevecchio59
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The location of the hotel is very good; it is close to most of downtown Manhattan. It takes 5 minutes to walk to Columbus Circle / Central Park and a few minutes to Times Square. I would not say that the hotel stand out either good nor bad; It's an avarage hotel of its price class.

The room did have a certain smell to it- the way a room might smell when it is very new, fresh paint or glue?, which can irretate some people who are sensitive to strong smells. The AC was quite noisy. The room is of OK size for NYC, but small in size of you compare it to many other cities. I was not too happy with the cleaning staff; came home after 5 pm one time and the room was still not maid.

The bar on the 4th floor was very nice and the staff great, it has also got a very nice view of Broadway. All in all the stay was good.

1 Thank Ericel
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My company booked me a room here on a last minute business trip. Under normal circumstances, the room would have been fine. I'd not hesitate to stay here again by myself or with my husband. The only issue was that I had to share a room with a colleague and these rooms are not ideal unless you know your roommate quite well. The rooms with two double beds are quite tight without much room to maneuver. So if you're staying here for business and you're sharing rooms with coworkers, you may want to extend your search. Otherwise, great place to stay. Convenient to everything. Friendly, helpful staff. Dinner at the onsite restaurant wasn't very good. Had a Starbucks coffee and fresh fruit at the same place the next morning - just what I needed to start the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SouthernGal11
Carmel, IN
Reviewed 13 July 2014

They built this hotel from the ground up just a few years ago and it shows. Stayed there in May, 2014 and it still felt new. Number one thing I liked is the location. 3 blocks from Columbus Circle and the park, just a short walk down nearby Broadway to Times Square and the theaters where we saw two shows. Number one thing I dislike now is the cost. I know NYC is costly, but its kind of ridiculous the variance in cost which makes this hotel now 10-20% more expensive then when we stayed in May. It was clean, modern, and my room was cleaned and bed made every day of the 3 days. I don't require much else

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A good modern hotel with basic/clean/appropriate amenities. Good Housekeeping services, all the days room was made up on time, providing additional amenity on time ( towels and bathroom amenities)
rooms are smaller in size, understandably in NYC, verity of TV channels available to catch up the last minute world cup semi....i pod dock with time/radio is convenient,
close to all attractions, few blocks to Time square/central park/ and good eating out places

Room Tip: ask for a corner room 9 additional charges will apply)