“Great new find”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #114 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for the first time and was relly impressed. The front desk staff was extermely nice and actually walked me to the elevator! Next morning she greated me with a smile and hello. The rooms are modest in size but very functional and most important, immaculate. A great value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ann043
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott - Manhattan Chelsea.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Being frequent travelers, we’ve experienced, regardless of the destination, all levels of service. Truly, the service at this hotel was excellent. As good as it gets. From the numerous people staffing the front desk, to the bell captain, the folks we dealt with at Starbucks, the chambermaids, and everyone else we encountered as we traveled throughout the building, there wasn’t anyone who wasn’t helpful and genuinely friendly; a level of professionalism is noticed and deeply appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank starkfarm

Thank you for taking the time to share the great feedback about our hotel and the service levels of our staff. As a General Manager, I take great pride in the service levels my team delivers and the importance to the details for our guest and the experience. We look forward to your future stay with us!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a week and was extremely satisfied of the room and cleanliness, which very important to us.
It is a brand new hotel so everything is just spotless which was lovely!
The cleaner on our floor was so kind and so accommodating on when we wanted our room cleaned. She also did a phenomenal job.
Bedding is as you would expect for a Marriott brand hotel.
The facilities were top! There was a great gym and even a laundry room where one could wash their clothes.
The location was another top point!
The only small negative, I felt, was the service was a little slow, when requesting or asking for something it would take hours to get back to us.
If asking in person at someone downstairs at reception, we felt that the focus should have been more on the client rather than us feeling that we were interfering and interrupting any staff conversation.
However we soon discovered that Adriana from reception was super efficient so we would basically asked her anything and she would respond at lighting speed!
Another minus was the rooms were quite cold so we had to put the heater on but this made the rooms very dry. There were no humidifiers in the hotel so perhaps this should be something available for guests if necessary.
All in all we had a great stay and we would definitely recommend this hotel to people and I would consider coming back myself!
Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank MandarinYB

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel. It is always great when one of our team members is recognized for making a special experience for one of our guests. I also wanted to update you on several of the items you spoke about, we have identified the issues and have since corrected them. Thanks for bringing these to our attention, as it assist us in avoiding them for future guests. Look forward to your future trips back to NYC!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

For a business traveler to Manhattan, it doesn't get much better than this. Feels very new. Rooms are typical NYC small, but I have 10 available electrical outlets--including one by each side of the bed--in my room. That's a record. The staff is so friendly I'd swear I wasn't in NYC. Jeanie at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. A housekeeper in the hall showed me to my room and offered to get anything extra I might need. Location gives you a wide swath of Manhattan that's walkable. Forget the uber-trendy Dream or The Standard and their insane prices. This is my new little home away from home in NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TXBikerGuy
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

On behalf of the team at our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It great to hear from guests like your self and to be able to share the feedback back to our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future for your NYC trips.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Wow, what a great stay! I am a spoiled business traveler, and was blown away by what the new Marriott in Chelsea delivered! Great staffing, exceptional rooms, and every business perk one could want or need. Access to a laser printer, several work areas in the lobby where one could meet clients, and a great breakfast place all in one location. I have stayed in a variety of boutique hotels, and I am happy to say that Chelsea Marriott has a new regular. This is a great value and a delightful experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Stacy K

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad you that you enjoyed the stay and that you will be a regular. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you and thank you for choosing our hotel for your stays in NYC.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel is in a really good area. Very walk able and convenient, right around the corner from Penn Station. Free WIFI is always a bonus. Michele at the front desk was great and lent me her nail file after my nail broke. The workout room was nice and the open lounge area is great for meeting people. I'll stay again when I'm in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexsandra71
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team for going above and beyond during your recent stay with us. I was also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our lobby area and fitness center. We look forward to a future trip back.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for an event at MSG, which is a couple blocks away. We had an excellent stay. Quiet room, comfortable bed, clean and modern. Excellent lobby area with snacks, breakfast, lounge. Pretty good location at the top of Chelsea. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martinojct

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are extremely close to both Penn Station and to MSG for any events. We will look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.