We stayed here for 11 nights. Stay was comfortable. As we used the hotel mainly as a base to explore Manhattan, we did not make much use of the hotel amenities. The hotel itself is clean and new, and the lobby is airy and modern.
• Location is good – it is at West 30th Street near 7th Avenue. Nearby are restaurants, fast food joints, cafes, mini-marts. The road tend to be quiet at night, but it is not a problem, as the New York Police (NYPD) is just across the hotel.
• If you are taking the airport bus, the boarding area is just 5 minutes walk away (along 7th Avenue near W 31st or 32nd).
• Penn Station and the Madison Square Garden subway is also 5 minutes walk away. Go to the basement, and there are loads of restaurants (TGIF, KFC, Subway, etc) and convenience store (Duane Reed) there.
• The hotel room itself – provides a comfortable stay. Everything is new and works. There’s a large 42-inch LCD TV, coffee maker, fridge, iron with board, hair dryer, etc. Room is not very big, but this is Manhanttan.
• The toilet is clean and bright. The shower is strong, though there is no bath tub.
• There is a fitness centre at the basement.
• Complimentary wifi is provided. Visitors can also use the complimentary wifi at the lobby.
• Next to the reception at the main lobby, there is a small area for you to buy drinks, munchies – there is even a microwave oven there to heat up food if you don’t feel like going out.
• Our rate did not come with breakfast, so I cannot comment on this.
• Really, there isn’t much problem staying here. The only con is that on a few days, the amenities like soap and shampoo were not replenished.
The rates we got is not exactly rock bottom, but I think reasonable given the location and state and service of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott - Manhattan Chelsea is located within walking distance to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden and Herald Square. The hotel is Silver Leed Certified and is proud of the efforts to reduce it's carbon footprint. The hotel opened in December of 2013, and is unique in design. It features 273 guestrooms that include 17 suites. It features the Table 135 Restaurant for Breakfast and has a Fitness Center onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.