“Awesome hotel! ”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cary, NC
“Awesome hotel! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the middle of everything! The staff and facilities are top notch amd definitely would stay here again in a heartbeat. 12 blocks from times square which is super easily to walk to.

The cafe always has fresh fruit and pastries with reasonable prices. Make sure you pay with your marriott card because it's a category 7 hotel which means mad points :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Goheels0509

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed 7 nights with my daughter for shopping and culture trip to NYC .it started bad ,we arrived very late and were told that since its so late the room I asked for in advance is no longer available . ( I was promised over the phone that they would block a room with tub since its very important for me) when I said i feel like I only get the left overs the guy in the front desk said that I am right but there is nothing he could do. He promised to give us a very big room for the night. When got into the room around midnight we found out it was a tiny shoe box. I was sure that first thing in the morning we will check out but,next morning. It all changed thanks to one great lady, Adriana.she called my room and personally took care that we will get a big enough room for a week stay , with tub as I asked. She was very nice and attentive and gave us a great feeling. We felt she really cared. Thanks Adriana!!!!. Hotel itself is nice, very new and clean. Location is great. Close to pen station, walking distance to times square but far enough from all the noise and crowd. Just keep in mind that some of the rooms are very small , so ask for a bigger room if you stay For more then one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a big and quiet room. Nypd station is across the street
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank bfgs
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The price is right at this very clean and new hotel, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. The breakfast workers get the food out quickly and the cafe is comfortable. The rooms are smallish (it is, after all, Manhattan) but they're quiet and in a very safe and central location (across from a police station). I rented two rooms for my family and we were placed on the 18th floor. Extremely quiet up there. The Church Bells woke me up, but I considered that a plus. That's the only noise I heard for 3 nights running.

If you want to be away from the insanity of Times Square (and you really should considered that because it's a disgusting display), consider this place. It's two blocks from the Subway, too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Assistant G, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Roscoe301
Thank you so much for taking time out to post this great review, I will be sure to share this with the team, we are always delighted to hear that our hard work and attention to detail is paying off.
There is a very dedicated team, many new to the hotel industry who have simply excelled providing that unique service that our guest expects.
As you noted there is a beautiful church on the street behind the hotel, who provide a fantastic service to the area, St. Francis of Assisi ( Built in 1844) - Fr. Mychal Judge, O.F.M., chaplain of the New York Fire Department was based at this church and he sadly lost his life on September 11 2001 at the World Trade Center. He is fondly remembered in this area and city.
Regardless of one’s belief it is a beautiful church to visit and reflect.
Gary B - Assistant General Manager
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Im on my 10th day stayung here and I've stayed at almost every Marriott property in the city and I have to say this one seems short staffed at the front desk and the cafe especially for a Courtyard. Its something I would expect at a Fairfield property but not Courtyard. The hotel is new and updated and the rooms are decent. Beware that sometimes they will tell even platinum marriott reward members they are being upgraded when in fact they really may only be getting an extra 10 Sq ft of room. If you push really hard they will upgrade you but it's a fight. I've observed several guests upset with the front desk. One even told me he spends over 8000k a month with Marriott. Yikes. They clearly haven't researched their guests. Their WiFi network runs out of capacity at night and you are lucky if you get a connection. If you are a business traveler I would consider a different property until they make a few improvements.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave B
David B:
First and foremost thank you for your many repeat stays at our hotel and for taking time out to review us. As you can see from the many great reviews posted on this fantastic forum, the challenges that you encountered are not typical.
We have 17 wonderful suites that regularly sell at the daily rate, thereafter one night upgrades are considered based on Marriott Reward level, starting with Platinum Premier.
You have my assurance that we will review staffing at all times to ensure that check in is quick and convenient for all our guests.
Please feel free to ask for me on your next stay and I will personally ensure a memorable stay for all the right reasons.

Gary - Assistant General Manager
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have to admit I was a bit worried about staying at this particular hotel, due to some bad reviews that I've seen online. I stayed here for a business conference so I didn't get to enjoy much unfortunately, but Let's get to the good part already shall we? My stay was awesome! Every single encounter that I had with staff was great! Must I remind you that this hotel is beautiful inside and out! Very accommodating staff! Quick check in, clean hotel, nice rooms. Will definitely tell my booking agent to book this hotel for me again! Family and business friendly!!! I give this hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank caseymorales_1101
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights this week. It's in a bit of a congested location as there is building work going on nearby, presumably this will improve once the work is finished. It does mean you need to go down to 6th or 7th if you need a cab, otherwise you're sat in a stationary car for 5 mins before you go anywhere. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable enough for the price, usual NYC room size which was a little cramped for a family of 4, but overall reasonable value.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jpw700
Assistant G, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
JPW:
Many thanks for your recent stay at our new hotel in the heart of NYC and thank you for taking time to review your stay. Indeed there is a rather large skyscraper being built at the end of our street that occasionally stalls traffic, as they move their equipment in and out of the site. This project will be ending in the near future and we will have another great amenity in the area as they are adding several new retail and restaurant outlets at street level, only a half block from our hotel.
I am delighted that you found our hotel clean and comfortable, there is a team here working very hard each and every day to exceed our guest expectations and I will be sure to share your nice comments.
Gary B.
columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

So glad we found this hotel. The staff was amazing and the rooms were very nice. Would def stay here again as it was ultra convenient to Herald Square and the PATH. I have stayed mostly in Midtown but this was just as close and convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends