All reviews penn station great location new york courtyard by marriott close to madison square garden times square around the corner directly across the street would definitely stay here again nice shower freedom tower the empire state building the high line hotel is located the wi fi the hotel is clean the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. Close to our arrival at Penn Station. Front staff very welcoming and friendly and helpful.

Room was very good. Typical size for a NYC hotel. Very clean with excellent bathroom. Really enjoyed the shower

Breakfast unfortunately is a Starbucks based theme. Not much to offer but there are plenty of other places in the neighborhood

I would recommend staying at this property

Value for the dollar was good

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Ed P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear William D

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The team is great and were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the breakfast area did not meet your complete expectations. We look forward to you return visit to NYC.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Great service and attitude by the breakfast staff.
Carlos, Terry, Larry, Tenzin were all great each day, very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed seeing them each day.

Rooms were a bit small, but expected in the city. Helpful front desk staff too

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe B
Matthew O, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hello Joe B,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your previous stay at the Courtyard Chelsea. I'm thrilled to hear so many of my associates made a lasting impression on you! I will be sure to share your feedback directly with them as they'll be very excited by your review. We hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you back to the NYC area.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Camilo was incredibly helpful and very friendly to me. He stored my laptop in a secure place and reminded me to take it with me when I had to run to catch the bus. Also Jean, Carlos, and the two Tensens were so much fun to interact with at the breakfast room. I will certainly be back to that hotel. Great location. Spotless clean room, and a fun bar next door.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzvld
Matthew O, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hello Lizzvld,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Courtyard Chelsea. I am thrilled to hear that so many of our associates made such a memorable impact on your during your time here. I will be sure to share your feedback directly with each of them. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to NYC!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is reasonably close to the action. Ten minutes from Times Square, just off of Broadway. The hotel sits just across the street from a NYPD station. The hotel is up to date, but more crowded than a typical Courtyard Hotel. Staff are friendly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swwalton
danielaarias2017, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Swwalton,

I want to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of our hotel. I know depending upon the season and the day of the week, the hotel by be sold out, therefore you will see more guests around, plus the fact that we are larger than the usual Courtyard. I also want to thank you for complimenting the staff, and we certainly look forward to seeing you in the future.

Yours,

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I stay over in NYC a few times a year and usually frequent my old standby on E. 57th, but this time all of our interests were in the Chelsea area or south of that, so we opted to try this Courtyard. I wasn't disappointed.

Since we usually drive down from Boston, we had a car and had planned to pay to valet. But getting on to this street is virtual gridlock on a weekday and there was no room to stop to valet out front (other guests were doing so). We parked a few spots up the street and I ran back to the valet who said he wouldn't or couldn't get our car from there to valet us, and we had to go around again. I wasn't going to spend another half an hour to go around the block again, and told him so. He tipped us off that he was just going to put the car in the ICON Garage on the other side of the street for $70 but if we self parked there it'd be $50. Score. So there's a tip for my fellow guests!

We made good use of nearby metros to get to a few places around the city and out to the Brooklyn Museum, which was very handy. It is well situated for a few different lines.

I'm baffled by the "small room" comments. The rooms are not massively spacious but they are by no means cramped at all. We had a 2 double-bed room and plenty of room for both of us. The bathroom sink counter was small but that was my only quibble. I've been in much much smaller rooms in NYC!

For the location, as trafficked as it is and with some sort of police barracks across the street (and dozens of police vehicles taking up all the parking!) I was amazed how quiet it was to sleep there, both nights! I didn't hear anything either night.

Beds are comfortable, HVAC worked perfectly fine. Wifi was good. Shower was comfortable and hot. Couldn't ask for much more.

We ate one morning in the cafe in the hotel. It was underwhelming for the price, so we went to Bagel Maven Cafe at the top of the street and had a great breakfast the next day.

Room Tip: Don't pay to valet with the hotel, park up the street at the ICON and save $20 a night!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family