“Fisher Price...my first Hilton!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY
Ranked #64 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Williamsburg, United States
“Fisher Price...my first Hilton!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed at!! The staff and management was horrible! This hotel is new and modern! The walls are paper thin! There were two temps to the shower boiling or cold.. Chose cold!! Sucked!!! Diamond Hilton member!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Shannon S
Karl B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize if we may have fallen short during your stay and do hope you choose to give us another chance.
If your travels ever bring you to New York please feel free to contact me directly, and I will assure your stay is everything you should expect from a Homewood suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there july 3-7 and had an outstanding experience. Hotel is brand new and lobby and rooms are fantastic. Stayed in 1011 which had decent city views. Room is very spacious and the kitchenette was so handy. Service was impeccable from the time we got out of the cab to check out. Bellmen and front desk were professional, helpful and not tip hungry. Place has an amazing dinner and alcoholic drinks during the week, and great hot breakfast everyday. There is a rooftop deck which we didn't find out about until 2 nights in(guess it's sort of a secret). Hotel is very close to subway(3blocks) and there is plenty to do closeby. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank johnv920
Karl B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi John,

I am happy to hear that you had an outstanding experience at our hotel! The friendly service our staff provides our guests is one of our proudest amenities. Our complimentary breakfast 7 days a week and our complimentary dinner from Mon-Thurs are also extremely popular with travelers. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed for two nights at this hotel on a quick trip to Manhattan. Being a newly-opened facility, it was very clean, sleek and up-to-date. The location is convenient, if not picturesque, but that's okay. With the windows closed, the rooms are SILENT. The staff was quite friendly and helpful - those that I met, that is. I was always greeted and sent off with a smile, and they seemed to be working very hard.

The only glitch was that at the end of my first full day I returned to my room around 4 pm....and no housekeeping had been done. I checked to make sure I hadn't accidentally put out the "leave me alone" card - nope. When I was ready to go out again for the evening, I stopped by the desk and mentioned this, wondering if they just didn't do housekeeping for guests staying two nights?? My concern was immediately addressed and someone was sent up to take care of it. Judging from the other reviews so far, thoroughness of houskeeping is definitely a kink that needs to be worked out. But when they do, this will be a great choice, especially for families with a lot of mouths to feed if you stay during the days they have evening hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnaFlannery
Hi Anna,

Our staff likes to help our guests and they are always more than happy to do so. I appologize for your housekeeping "glitch". And thank you for bringing it to our attention because as you experienced, we took care of it as fast as we possibly could have. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to be your NYC "home away from home" in the future.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent staff and neat rooms with large fridge and dishes. Location was great and being new the hotel was in pristine condition. The lobby was spacious and well decorated with water streaming down a wall and modern furniture. It was light and airy and the free breakfast and dinner was a added treat buffet style. We enjoyed the room immensely and will keep booking this hotel in the future when we visit NYC.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

3 Thank 387armines
Hello,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites in NYC. We like to keep our comfortably decorated hotel in "pristine condition", allowing our guests to have a clean and welcoming oasis in the heart of Manhattan.

Sincerely, Karl
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our room (#1716), though not huge but was big enough to sleep all of us comfortably. The room was ready and clean for us when we checked in at noon.

Pros:-
5) kitchenette
6) good customer service
7) complimentary cocktails on weekdays 5-7

Cons:-
1) Basic room services tasks were not performed upto Hilton brand satisfaction- for e.g. cleaning trash, vacuuming the room, unmade beds and replenishing coffee cups
2) Average breakfast and complimentary weekday dinner- not very vegetarian friendly and the kitchen staff did not accommodate when we requested a vegetarian option not on the menu.
3) Morning and evening dinner kitchen staff seemed overwhelmed with so many people during the rush hours.
4) We requested if we could leave our luggage overnight after we had checked out of the room and were willing to take the liability and sign the waiver form, but the hotel was unwilling to accommodate such a request.

Overall, the stay has been comfortable and any of our issues that arised, Jatin Kumar and other front desk staff smoothed them out.

I will definitely recommend this hotel, but be forewarned that they are fairly new and still working out all the kinks with their staff.

2 Thank charmi_shah
Karl B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi Charmi_shah,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Our centrally located Homewood Suites is a five minute walk from Times Square and close to transportation, making travelling around the city extremely easy. I will look into the consistancy of the daily guest room cleaning and stocking services. I am glad your overall stay was comfortable and our staff is always striving to make our guests' experience an enjoyable one.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hi. We recently completed a WONDERFUL stay at the Homewood Suites, 312 W 37th St in New York. We cannot brag enough about this hotel!! The hotel was spotless and clean and the staff was AMAZING!!! From the time we first registered until we left, we were treated like royalty! The staff was SUPER-- We were given excellent directions to the famous landmarks in NY, subway advice and information, superb service at the evening receptions and breakfasts, excellent customer service, and they even arranged for a car to take us back to the airport. Some of the staff members who went ABOVE and BEYOND was: RAJ who replaced the in-room safe that was defective, ALLAN at the front desk who greatly assisted us with directions and transportation, WILMA and ALLIZAD (sp?) also at the front desk, who were very helpful and friendly, DEVON (evening reception), AARON, and VICTOR (breakfast) who assisted us with our dining needs, JATIN (sp?) and OMAR at the front desk who answered any questions we had with patience and kindness. There were other staff members who helped us, but the above-mentioned 9 employees were PHENOMENAL!!!! We expressed our thanks to these fine workers through tips and verbal thanks and appreciation, but we would also like to let Trip Advisor know about the excellent, hard-working, pleasant, helpful, and devoted employees that are working at the Homewood Suites, 312 W 37th St, in NYC. Our family only stays at Hilton brand hotels when we travel and this was our best stay EVER at a Hilton hotel! We truly appreciate the fine customer service practices that the Hilton brand hotels are known for! Thank you,

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

7 Thank 326j0sephp
Hello 326j0sephp,

I am happy you had a wonderful stay with us! Everyone here strives to provide an exceptional guest experience. Reviews like your's reinforce our objective to be a guest-centric hotel, where travelers can feel "at home" in a clean and modern atmosphere.
chicago
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a 4th of July weekend trip to NYC with the Mrs. We arrived early on the 4th, and we were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready. It was a new hotel and had everything you need. Yeah the rooms aren't huge, it is NEW YORK!! If you are in the room a lot, you are doing something wrong...
Omar was the concierge and was wonderful. He answered any and every question we had regarding the city. I wish I would have seen him on Sunday so I could have rewarded him properly.
I cannot say enough about how wonderful he was. The staff was good, yeah I am a HIlton Gold member and they didn't have my water bottles ready, but so what.
I had a great rate, and would love to stay there again when I head back in December, but the rate is extremely high that date.
I sincerely loved the room, new wood floors, the bathroom was great, large shower, clean etc.
Even the elevators were fast!!!
If you stay during the week, there is a meal, and free cocktails from 5-7. The breakfast was average, but it was FREE... I don't get people who complain about free stuff.
The ONE negative was that the concierge at night told me wrong directions on how to get on the 7 train... Oh and another minor negative was it seemed the hotel front desk staff did not know how to get ANYWHERE. It was all up to Omar...
I hope he never gets sick:)
Overall, great stay, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tdroth10
Hi,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during July 4th weekend! Our concierge is trained to help guests in multiple arrays; from recommending directions to dining suggestions, they know New York City and can assist both the out-of-town traveler and the New York City native. A misdirection is unfortunate and I am sorry that happened. The hotel is new and we are keeping it in great shape so it will stay that way for a long time. We look forward to being your "home" in NYC for your future trips!