From the other reviews I have written I hope you understand that I am not a perfectionist. Taking this into consideration, I would strongly advise you never to make the mistake of staying here for the following reasons.
1) The carpets in the hallways are filthy.
2) The windows are covered with grime
3) The rooms are tiny box rooms
4) The air conditioner in my room only operated as a fan. The owner had blocked the window so I could barely get any ventillation in the room.
5) The bathroom was in need of serious repair and had a rusty nail in the shower.
6) Window-sills in the rooms were filthy.
I have stayed at plenty of hostels but this is definitely the worst ever. I would strongly advise you never to stay here (particularly in summer when the weather is very hot in NYC). The only good point about the hostel is that the sheets on the bed were clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family owned business, American Dream Hostel welcomes you to New York City. Our prices include breakfast in the morning and WiFi. You will be in Manhattan, Flatiron District/Gramercy Park, close to the most exciting locations and events; most main points of interest including restaurants, bars, clubs, shops and stores are studded around the neighborhood and all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your American Dream Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Dream Hotel New York City