“A Comfortable Place to Stay in a Good Location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Alan H
Logan City, Australia
“Not what we expected but it would exceed others expectations”
Reviewed 22 June 2016 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I have to apologise to Bonanflow as I intended to write this review shortly after we returned to Australia in October 2015. I have had to think about writing this to provide a fair and as unbiased review as possible. This is an awkward situation because from my perspective and my expectations the property did not live up to those expectations. My wife and I were expecting an apartment that was not normally the home of someone else. In other words a normally vacant rental property. Probably our fault but it was a last minute booking as a previous one which we thought was certain fell through so did not have time to thoroughly check out the accommodation.
The location was fantastic being in Harlem and about 200 metres from the Subway on the C line with plenty of small convenience stores in the immediate area. trains every few minutes to Downtown Manhattan.
If I were going to New York again I would want somewhere in the same area for convenience. Buy a 7 day ticket that can be used on the Subway and Buses if there that long. Excellent value.
The host George (Bonanflow) is very knowledgeable of the area and for things to do in New York. He was also very helpful.
The apartment is the only problem as I said previously and only because of what our expectations were from previous vacations we've had.
If you don't mind staying in an apartment that someone else lives in when not rented out this place is for you.
If you don't mind the fact that the clothes storage is 2 camp cupboards because the owner has the proper wardrobe full of his own things this is for you.
If you don't mind that the heating system installed does not work and you have to rely on a small plug-in electric heater this is for you.
If you don't mind the wind coming in through the window around the poorly fitting air-con then this is for you.
If you don't mind the refrigerator half full of someone else's food this is for you.
If you don't mind the clutter in the apartment and the fact that it was hard to tune in the television because of not having a proper antenna then this is for you.
If you don't mind being able to get into bed from one side only as the other is against the wall and having the mattress cause you to move to the middle through the night then this is definitely for you.
Has wifi but very slow.

As I said at the beginning some people like this type of accommodation but we did not.
If you like this type of place then you could probably give it 4 stars but sadly we did not. I would give it 2 stars. One for George and 1 for the location.
See the photos attached and the onions were not ours.
I would recommend this possibly to young couples who really want an adventure but as it is on the first floor I definitely would not recommend to elderly or Disabled. Could not recommend to families as no where for any one else to sleep.

Liked best: Closeness to Manhattan
Liked least: The noise of traffic all night especially emergency services sirens
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Socrets
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Comfortable Place to Stay in a Good Location.”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The apartment has a fantastic location since it is located near a subway stop and next to a 24-hour convenience store on the corner. The area is fairly safe since because of a near constant police presence due to a school being nearby. The apartment itself is fairly spacious by NYC standards with a decent sized living room, kitchen and bedroom. The bathroom is fairly tiny but it isn't too bad. While the apartment might appear dirty, it's actually pretty clean and organized enough to sleep in. The bedroom also has a second locking door if you're looking for extra safety.

The overall service was pretty good and the renter was pretty flexible when it came to checking in and checking out. He gave me good directions and told me which line to take. Also, he met me at the apartment to show me what I needed to do to unlock and lock the doors to get in.

Overall, I really would recommend this place because of its location and how comfortable it is for the reasonable price I paid.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location relative to the subway.
Liked least: Nothing really.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
Emma R
“Very helpful ”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

High recommend ,,
Good price , great location and it's very close to the subway
The owner George was very very helpful ,
When i visit NY next time of course i will stay there

Thanks George so much

Onthego11...
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and conveniently located close to subway”
Reviewed 10 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

My sister, niece and I stayed here on a shopping getaway weekend and the apartment was just right for us. It was far enough away from the action to be in a relatively quiet neighbourhood, yet only about 10-12 minutes away from mid-town. Just about everything you need, you can find within a couple of blocks; subway station, food, pharmacy, all within walking distance. The apartment is close to emergency services too.

The apartment was comfortable and well-appointed for 3 adults, although it probably wouldn't ideal for a bigger group unless it included kids. Apartment has a queen-size bed and an over- sized sofa, which is good for 1 adult or 2 kids. An air mattress provides additional sleeping spaces.

George was a fantastic host. He was very responsive before, during and after our visit. He gave me a mini-tour of the neighbourhood and arranged for a car to take us to the airport for our flight home.

We'd stay there again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to public transportation.
Liked least: Wi-fi was slow and difficult to access at times.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Management Response
12 Nov 2015
Ruth and sisters were great guests to have. Very respectful, clean, organized and independent.

I will love to have them again and will recommend them.
Liz G
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Clean, comfortable apartment with great, accommodating hospitality.”
Reviewed 25 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We just ended five nights in this Harlem apartment. Bonanflow (George), the owner of the apartment, was friendly, helpful and accommodating from the time we got there until we left. We felt we had made a friend, and his hospitality added greatly to our enjoyment of the time we spent in New York. My husband and I have agreed that we would happily stay there again. Bonanflow showed my husband around the neighborhood while I got some work done, and he gave us good hints about what else to find and do in the neighborhood. It was a short walk to the subway to get wherever we wanted to go. I strongly recommend this apartment for a stay in New York City.

Liked best: The hospitality
Liked least: The lighting
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
RevAzuka
Lagos, Nigeria
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I am disappointed that trip advisor listed this property I am beginning to doubt the integrity of Trip Advisor, we had booked this property for three nights, when we arrived, we where so disappointed that we have to immediately look for an alternative accommodation that night, you can imagine the pain and suffering, having traveled over fourteen hours to meet such a condition, my wife refused to even come into the house, from the entrance the place is so untidy to be modest so we did not stay in that property even for twenty minutes we used the internet to book for another hotel with booking.com imagine money for other now been used for another accommodation, After a couple days I called the owner and asked for a refund, but just with a few words that we are not entitled for a refund, I feel scammed, no one should go near that property

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jana M
Columbia, South Carolina
“A Pleasure and Wonderful”
Reviewed 9 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The place was in a good location, nice, and comfortable. George (owner of property) will do what he can to help in regards to your stay.

He even suggested a jazz club to go to -- and that was a very fun and enjoyable event.

The area is near subways and bus stops -- and there was also available parking near rental location. If you are looking for a place in manhattan, I would highly recommend staying at this rental.

Liked best: Location and Convience
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing