“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #9 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Youngstown, Ohio
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights during a weekend trip to NYC. Great location. Right in the middle of all the sites and attractions in lower Manhattan. Walked to Little Italy and Chinatown for dinner each night. Had a room overlooking the courtyard. No noise from the adjoining rooms or their patio below. Room size small, but still very comfortable. Free breakfast was not the standard bacon and eggs, but perfect considering the big dinners we were having in the city. Only negative was that the breakfast starts one hour later on the weekends than the weekdays. We were not informed about that. Went down early the first morning since we had an excursion booked and they were not open yet. No problem, it gave us an opportunity to try out one of the highly rated bagel shops nearby. So it worked out great for us in the end. But we should have been told the correct times on check-in. Especially since all the other dealings with the staff were perfect.
For example, I called down to the front desk the morning we were checking out to have them order a cab. Was told that they could not be ordered ahead of time. But a car service could be. Had her do that, the car was waiting for us when we came down, and the cost turned out to be less expansive than if we had flagged down a cab out on the street.
So if you are looking for a small, boutique hotel in Lower Manhattan, this is the place.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We read the CNT review and thought we would try the Broome. It was a great choice. The small hotel was big on charm and ambiance. The hotel has a sophisticated and European vibe. The rooms are small but comfortable. The bedding was high quality and the bathroom sundries high end. We enjoyed the breakfast in the interior courtyard. The staff was very warm and it was also nice to see the owners on site interacting with their guests. Don't miss the small gift shop which has a selection of interesting clothing and accessories.

Room Tip: Deluxe guest room with balcony is a good choice- very quiet overlooking interior patio
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler2bos2552
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Broome for 4 nights at the end of June, and we loved it. The small, cosy hotel really makes you feel at home, and having a room with access from the patio balcony, it really felt like our little private "pied à terre" in NY.
If a friend asked me :" I saw this hotel "The Broome" online, should I book it ?" I would answer : "definitely, go for it !".

So, being pragmatic, the positive points :
- It's very well situated, at the corner of Broome and Broadway, which makes it easy to explore the city, and gives you the feeling you belong
- Staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful (maybe just at the exception of the guy in charge at breakfast, who did not look like he was eager to help at all, and a bit slow to serve you...). They helped us as much as possible when we needed assistance for booking, or directions
- The room, while a bit too dark, was very nice furnished, very clean, drawers gave plenty of space to unpack, the bed was super comfortable, bathroom wasn't big, but big enough (isn't it always the case in big cities where space is precious ?), toiletries were surprisingly nice (shower gel, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner, all smelling super nice, and in big bottles, so you have more than enough for 2)
- Available for purchase in the room where painkillers, which I never saw before in an hotel. A little touch very useful when you wake up with an headache, and realize you forgot to pack yours.

On the negative side :
- Food at breakfast could be a bit more abundant (not smoked salmon left at 8:30 AM on the first morning - a Sunday - while Breakfast was open until 11:00 AM, and no apology from the waiter...), and service more attentive/quicker (I usually notice that service is too slow when I suddenly wonder where is my order - coffee, orange juice...- in the middle of my meal).
- The door steps are quite steep, and make dragging your suitcase inside a bit difficult, but it's a detail (except if you have difficulties walking, of course).

So to sum it up : a pretty nice little cosy place in a very big city. Go for it !

Room Tip: Patio rooms are very nice, with an independent entry.
6 Thank Maimai0210
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Broome last weekend during a trip to NYC with my girlfriend, during which I proposed to her. I called the Broome ahead of time and told them about my plan, and they were more than happy to accommodate requests I had in order to make the weekend special.

The room was great - it had a walkway overlooking their courtyard just outside it with a little table set up so that we could sit and talk while enjoying the outdoors. The bed was comfortable and the room very nice. The courtyard was cozy and pretty, and the walkways overlooking it were lined with flowers.

The staff went above and beyond to help make the weekend great. They set up framed pictures of my girlfriend and I (that I had mailed to them) in the room ahead of when we checked in, as well as printed off a picture for me mid trip and added it to the room. They also had great suggestions for places to eat/drink nearby (there were tons due to the great location in SoHo).

The rooms aren't cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I would recommend the Broome to anyone!

2 Thank NMN91
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The Broome has a very friendly, homely feel about it, so if that's what you are looking for then it's a good place to stay.
Pros
The free breakfast is excellent, the granola in particular was superb.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, don't expect formality or loads of staff (but it's a small hotel ), but I like that.
Location good, just off Broadway (but you can work that out yourself !)
Very comfortable beds and stylish decor
Free wifi
Very good bathroom products

Cons
Our room was small by NY standards, there was simply not enough hanging space for 2 people, I would say 18" of useable rail.
Gym:I had read there was an arrangement with NYSC, which is sort of true, I was given a "promotion" style free pass, which worked fine, but I could only use that once, after that it was $10 a time. Whether this is really a "con" or not, is up to you to decide, but the facts should be known.
I couldn't work out whether the walls were thin or the guy next door was simply a massively loud snorer.
I liked The Broome, but not sure I would stay there for more than a weekend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank browny0508
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've stayed at The Broome several times since it opened. Each time it gets better and better. It boasts the best location in soho, great service and sweet little rooms. I feel like I'm staying in my own little apt in soho! Treat yourself to the penthouse room me enjoy the rooftop deck!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Sinzalaco
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Delightful new small boutique hotel on Broome street in So-Soho. Has the character of a family run, yet modern, European influenced inn. Rooms are spacious (for NYC) and very well appointed. Complimentary delightful continental breakfast and internet, friendly service, location are the highlights. For the gym lovers, free access to NYSClub (5 minutes away) is available. Still a few kinks (internet went down a lot, spurious fire alarms) to work out, but generally a definite winner. The only things I did not care for was the 11.00am check-out time with a $50 per additional hour charge, and the view (room 42) was not great.

1 Thank mojo2018babushka